skype goes down

vinifera

• 2 months later...

recently I see message by MS on skype that they will kill older versions and those who use it on XP

is there a workaround or similiar alternative which is easy to use ?

No. No easy solution, except move on to one of the latest versions. See this: Update-Win-2k-for-Skype. :(

As for non-SSE2 CPUs... they're doomed, regretably... I'm in the process of retiring my much-loved Athlon XP machines because of this (well, I intend to keep at least one in running order, but out of day-to-day use). :(

• 1 month later...

1. It is about anti-privacy a real programmer would make compromises for all users. including low-end ( high-tech ) users.

2. Skype is probably forcing it on to people for other reasons.

3. Why use Skype? From my memory their are tons of file sharing programs that allows for video and audio data. The problem is that these programs are limited in users while Skype also have phone dialing association. The only reason to use skype is to stay in touch with the people who can't utilize these resources. Again my memory is not clear but these programs are out their on dead servers from years ago before 2000 or even during. So I forget.

4. Get a programmer, reverse engineer the program, and presto change upgrado. Then again people do not do things like that anymore??

Edited by ROTS

3. Why use Skype?

Some are forced into Skype... at least those who used MSN/Live messenger are now using Skype accounts.

4. Get a programmer, reverse engineer the program, and presto change upgrado. Then again people do not do things like that anymore??

Reverse engineering of any system that still has active copyrights is, in most cases, illegal. That might be why. :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...