bigmuscle

symbols for Update 1 are not uploaded by MS.

I was talking in general. If message "DWM is incompatible" is displayed then DWM public symbols need to be downloaded (more info on my website and in MS documentation).

On the other side, symbols for update 1 are normally uploaded as symbols for any other released software from Microsoft. The important thing is that MS releases symbols for released software only.

What changed with 1.2.1?

The GUI seems to be still working as it did with the debug version, but the opacity slider is still broken.

I'm guessing there was no update to the GUI?

edit: oh, there is a changelog on the download page... please put a changelog link on the main page as well.

Version 1.2.1 is totally the same as the debug version which I uploaded with GUI. It just has been recompiled as release build.

So what you're saying basically is that this version of AeroGlass would work on Update 1 if we had the symbols?

Would like to know this as well.

Based off the changes, i dont believe so. If Microsoft only had symbols for 8.1 Update 1 uploaded it should work on 1.2.

Just wait a bit less then a month and you will have the update working with Aero Glass (hopefully). And if not, rumor is that a preview build of Windows 9 will be coming out at the BUILD conference, and if its any good more people may want to use that.

Hm, I wonder if maybe Microsoft's strategy for taking complete control of how people run Windows is to release updates that break all the 3rd party stuff often enough that 3rd party developers just can't keep up.

I know I'm not going to apply Update 1 right away when it comes out. I really don't understand a desire to update the second new Windows software is available, no matter what it breaks, and especially in light of the fact that Microsoft really isn't adding any particularly useful "must have" features.

And as far as those who just get the update automatically, they should know better than to let Microsoft update their system whenever Microsoft wants. It's still possible to configure it to ask you first.

-Noel

Hm, I wonder if maybe Microsoft's strategy for taking complete control of how people run Windows is to release updates that break all the 3rd party stuff often enough that 3rd party developers just can't keep up.

I know I'm not going to apply Update 1 right away when it comes out. I really don't understand a desire to update the second new Windows software is available, no matter what it breaks, and especially in light of the fact that Microsoft really isn't adding any particularly useful "must have" features.

And as far as those who just get the update automatically, they should know better than to let Microsoft update their system whenever Microsoft wants. It's still possible to configure it to ask you first.

-Noel

NoelC i installed the update for the memory usage features, i noticed a considerable performance improvement after installing it

NoelC

The reason why most average users update automatically, is because they are not paranoid about being spied on, (why should they be ?) and still trust Microsoft, and as for Aero glass is Microsoft just trying to keep up with the themes of modern devices, which most people love, like tablets and mobile phone. :yes:

I doubt that Microsoft cares about 3rd party software. It's our problem and not theirs that I use undocumented system functions.

Dear developer. It all looks great on my PC except for the ugly text on my desktop. I have no problem contributing a few dollars but I haven't even found an option to do so on your website. Please tell me how to do it so I can get rid of the ugly text.

SZxXdRs.jpg

Edited by markiij

I read somewhere that a bunch of users of the non donated version were experiencing an error message at the lock screen or upon the loading of Windows as I was when starting my pc. After running a scan with SuperAntiSpyware however I found that on a fresh OS with hardly anything on it the scan resulted in two forms of infections by this software that were really probably nothing more than false positives I'm willing to bet. The 1st was a Malware trace found in Windows start up of its shell and the other was a trojan dropper in the Prefecth that promotes faster loading of Windows upon start up. I didn't record the names of these threats however but can assure you that there was little to no activity that could have caused this other than the install of AeroGlass for Win8.1. I kept the false positive reported about my shell and made an exception to let it continue to do its thing as I'm almost certain it's what is allowing for the Aero effect to be possible but did opt to disinfect the trojan dropper in the Prefetch portion of Windows, rebooted and now I don't have any error messages pertaining to my DWM whatsoever and yet I still have Aero glass effects and black glass enhanced working beautifully on my 64bit machine running Windows8.1 full edition. Thanks Big Muscle and for those who use SASW, try it and tell me I'm wrong if you can but I'm betting you won't.

People really need to stop complaining about the Watermark.

Agreed, I use xwidgets to get the effect of gadgets from Windows 7 back and I just simply placed a widget over the top of mine and without even setting it to "always on top" it still keeps it covered completely out of site and mind! just download xwidgets and apply a useful widget like a volume slider or drive letter info just to name a couple for example over the top of it and move on with your life already till the option to donate returns genius's!

Yeah, like thats ever going to happen. Learn to ignore it, i rarely see it on any computer that i have thats not licensed as i always have a fullscreen visual studio/chrome window open.

Did bigmuscle stop the donating?

Yeah, like thats ever going to happen. Learn to ignore it, i rarely see it on any computer that i have thats not licensed as i always have a fullscreen visual studio/chrome window open.

Did bigmuscle stop the donating?

I'm not entirely sure.