bigmuscle

Hello!

I installed win 8.1 version of aeroglass8 and my windows is broken by "Your DWN is incompatible wutg aero glass"

And cannot be uninstalled, screen flashing only

Are you running the leaked version of Windows 8.1 Update 1?

What mean this? How can check?

I am on Windows 8.1 Enterprice

Well. The only way I know that DWM Glass is having an issue with the system is if your running the Spring 2014 Update which won't be officially out until another Month or so.

In Regedit... navigate to... "HKey_Local_Machine" > "Software" > "Microsoft" > "Windows NT" > "Current Version". If the Build Number reads "9600.17031" or, something to those numbers, then it's an unofficial release of Microsoft's Spring Update. The Aero Glass App doesn't work for this build or any other leaked builds of Update 1 as it causes the system to sort of break.

The Official "Windows 8.1 Update 1" won't be out until April 8.

You can't at all right now.

Please, just wait. It will be back in several days, but I won't say the exact date. I don't have much time now so it may be happen tomorrow or in 5 days too. Just be patient :-)

Cheers and Regards

Version 1.2.1 is up and running beautifully.

The installer put it right in over the top of the previous one (in my case, in C:\Bin), without any trouble. The screen flashed a couple of times then the whole desktop just came up fine.

-Noel

What changed with 1.2.1?

The GUI seems to be still working as it did with the debug version, but the opacity slider is still broken.

I'm guessing there was no update to the GUI?

edit: oh, there is a changelog on the download page... please put a changelog link on the main page as well.

Edited by Soukyuu

Is it possible to make it so color intensity changes would also affect the taskbar just like in Windows 7?

It already works that way now. But the Taskbar isn't painted with the right attributes for Big Muscle's software to render the glass effect without extra help.

If you are getting Taskbar transparency, and not translucency, you need one of several tools that will cause the "glass" attribute to be set in the Taskbar. One such tool (which I use) is Classic Shell by Ivo Beltchev. Another, I believe, is Start Is Back by Tihiy.

-Noel