bigmuscle

Those apps render the whole titlebar on their own (its color seems to be something from the theme). There is a registry settings not to do it, but when I change it, modern apps don't start at all due to Access violation in ApplicationFrameHost.exe

ok,thanks for the explanation :)

So far, new release is working in release 9860.

Using it on windows 8.1update 1, it is running, however it is displaying the debug window and the watermark. I have the donation.key and it is not displaying the machine code dialog.

On an interesting note, I have a dual boot setup and the debug screen will also display just before the dual boot screen. This happens on a cold boot, but not during a restart boot.

but BM, just a question where is the difference between license and donation.key???

Filename? :whistle:

The only thing I saw was that on my 8.1 test system, Aero Glass had been coming up without the nag dialog before, but the new version failed to load license.key (which I'd had on there since early in your Aero Glass development).  Apparently your software now ONLY uses donation.key (I remember you saying you'd change it to do that).  Easily solved by renaming the file.

jaclaz

long time ago? I got my Aero in mid-August I think and I got a license.key from your site...

BTW why the rename?

I thought that some ppl get a license and some the donation key fpr some weird reasons and thought that maybe the contents differ...

This is in the changelog:

Aero Glass for Win8.1

-- Release Candidate 1 --

* donation key is loaded from donation.key file (license.key still supported but it will be removed in the future)

The reason for renaming is obvious - you are not buying the license with this software.

okay. but at the time were I got this 1.2.5 was already out, so I never knew of the change because it aleady occured, but seemingly you didnt adjust it on your servers or whatever...

but no problem...

Hello, I am an Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 doner, I had my product registered and working, but when I re-installed Windows 8.1, I went to the glass8.eu machine code page and de-activated my key.

I thought that when I re-installed I would get need a new key. But, the key that Aero Glass for Win8.1 gave me was the same. Now I cannot re-activate my key to use Aero Glass on my tablet.

How can I re-activate machine code?  I tried messaging bigmuscle directly but haven't heard anything yet.  I'm sure he is very busy.

It was my mistake to de-activate that key, :angel  but I am still using that computer so I need to re-activate it.  Any suggestions?  Thanks  :yes: