bigmuscle

Hi,i have windows 8.1,and install the aeroglass. Everything is ok ,but when i am on battery mode,it disable.(When plug the charge enable)

How can i fix this.I want the aero effect always.

Thanks

It can be set to be on all the time.

Please look in the guide provided on the site from which you downloaded the software.  Look specifically for "battery" on that page.

You might also be interested in the beta configuration program provided in post 1656 of this thread.

-Noel

How do you fully get rid of this program?  I ran the uninstaller, rebooted, and it's still there.  Does the Protect option prevent the uninstaller from working properly?

Edited by Spino Prime

Open the Task Scheduler, Disable the run of  Aero Glass.  Reboot.  All gone.

Navigate to the folder into which you installed it and delete the files from there if you like.  The files are:

aerohost.exe

DWMGlass.dll

dbghelp.dll

symsrv.dll

symsrv.yes.

-Noel

Thanks for the help Noel, I ended up accomplishing it by changing the AppInit_DLLs registry entry mentioned in the guide page on the site to nothing (even after uninstall there was a DWMGlass.dll in ProgramFiles for some reason), but thanks for support.  Really appreciate the effort to help, and I had never even seen the Task Scheduler before you mentioned it which was an interesting find.

Edited by Spino Prime

This utility is compatible with Aero Glass 1.0 RTM for Windows 8.0 or want to upgrade Aero Glass?

Only partial compatibility is in old Aero Glass version. Settings will probably apply correctly but you won't see live preview and you will need to restart DWM process to apply the changes.

It can be set to be on all the time.

Please look in the guide provided on the site from which you downloaded the software.  Look specifically for "battery" on that page.

You might also be interested in the beta configuration program provided in post 1656 of this thread.

-Noel

Thanks for you reply.(for a one unknown reason my firefoxe don't show letters in page of the "guide" and e.t.c..And i show the content of page with ctrl+A !Anyway)

My problem is:I go in the local HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM ,but the only i see,is 3files

(default)                          REG_SZ             (the value not set)

CustomThemeAtlas        REG_SZ             C:\Aeroglass\win8cp.png

Hideblur                          REG_DWORD           0x00000001 (1)

Νothing i see anywhere "DisableGlassOnBattery" for  change the value.

Thanks

Now undrestand!must therefore  create new "files" with these values.

I download the configurator tool,and at the moment everything work great!(also i think some settings not working on tool,but for me the only i want is blur)

At this time i'm in battery and  aero is enable!!!

Thanks again!