Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

Short answer: Yes, you will want to uninstall, no you won't need a new key for the new version.

I suggest you wait just a bit longer... There are indications a release is imminent.

-Noel

Short answer: Yes, you will want to uninstall, no you won't need a new key for the new version.

I suggest you wait just a bit longer... There are indications a release is imminent.

-Noel

Thanks NoelC for the info. I'm on Windows 8 now with AG 8 1.2, had purchased a license and wanted to know.

I will certainly come back for updates.

Hmm, there is still a problem I encountered that I remember now. After playing Pinball FX2, the dwm.exe window has reappeared, so it seems that the game causes a DWM crash/restart. I played the (free) Steam version but it's likely that it doesn't differ technically from the original release for the Windows 8 modern UI.

If dwm.exe crashes due to unhandled exception then minidump.dmp is generated. Please upload it.

If dwm.exe is terminated due to handled unexpected fatal error, then system log contains event entry with error code. Please provide it.

If dwm.exe is terminated without minidump/event log and debug.log contains "Uninstalling..." line (visible only if logging is enabled), it means that dwm.exe was naturally restarted.

If dwm.exe is terminated without minidump/event log and debug.log does not contains "Uninstalling..." line, it means that something in your computer terminate dwm.exe process forcibly.

Correction: It's Pinball Arcade, not Pinball FX2, that's causing the problem.

There is no minidump, but two events have been logged:

[19:30:25] The Desktop Window Manager has encountered a fatal error (0x8898008d)[19:30:25] The Desktop Window Manager has exited with code (0x8898008d)

The debug.log says:

[2014-01-09 19:30:25][0x38C:0x9E0] Uninstalling...[2014-01-09 19:30:25][0x1474:0x1AE8] Donation key loaded...

Crash report:

Going to PC settings -> update and recovery -> clicking on any of the "more info" links on an update launches the desktop version of Chrome on my machine, meaning a transition between ModernUI -> Desktop. This is when the crash happens. [Minidump]

Not from my side. I'm seeing a lot of dwm restarts when changing from Modern UI to desktop, but as you said it's happening without aero as well so it's nothing you can fix. I'm guessing that could mean the release of the final version?