Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

hello everyone :)

can anyone tell me pls how can i use this program

i have (windows 8.1 - 9600)

I want Simple instructions To install the program

and thx

Read Page 9 Post #219

Edited by ace2

I just had a go on Windows 8.1. I have a dual monitor setup.

In the primary window, it worked perfectly. In the secondary window... It was like the desktop no longer knew where the window is. If I start Aero Glass by restarting the DWM process, the secondary monitor keeps the image but I can no longer interact with the screen - its like the desktop is limited to one screen, however, the mouse pointer is able to move there.

According to bigmuscle (see post #141 earlier in this thread), this has been fixed and the fix will be in the next beta release.

Cheers!

Thanks. At the moment I have a very slow connection so it took some time to read through the whole thread - I was just coming back here to edit the post as originally I read up to the beginning of page 4 with no mention of multi monitors.

Although its basically the same issue, I'm going to describe it as fully as I can... although yes, the problem is most probably fixed already.

1) I did not have crashes like other people.

2) The mouse pointer (and only the mouse pointer) worked on the secondary screen

3) Depending on when the dll gets loaded, the second monitor displays the last frame that the monitor displayed. So if its started on boot, that is a black screen, or if its started later, thats the image of whatever was last on the desktop.

4) Objects can be dragged into the second monitor - the desktop area is still active, but not displayed.

Does anyone know of a way to hide the dwm.exe window? I use RTtray but it doesn't want to hide this one :/

Using HideAnyWindow here and it's working fine.

http://www.morun.net/www/downloads/hideanywindow.html

That doesn't want to install for me. I get "File open error" window that pops up then this [Window Title]

Windows Installer

[Main Instruction]

This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

[OK]

Symbols setup finally worked.

Thank you, ace2.

Now AeroGlass is working for me in 8.1, at least on the main monitor.

Only problem is I can´t get it to use blur on the transparent spaces.

The registry entry "BlurDeviation" does nothing...

Anyway, a big thanks to Bigmuscle, I really missed these glass effects in Win8.

Edited by hfb

I use Photoshop to edit my version of the RP theme, you could give it a go if you like.

post-363598-0-81214700-1381208359.png

@MrGRiM WOW! This is a vast improvement over the default theme and one of the nicest ones in general. Thanks for sharing and thanks also to bigmuscle for letting us beta-test his excellent software.

I was working just great with Windows 8.0. If I read all 10 pages of comments before I upgraded, I would have waited for Beta 2 before taking the plunge.

I donated and the auto download is working. It's flawless on monitor 1, but since I really need my second monitor, I have it turned off.

I also have the same second monitor not working (black at startup) or frozen with whatever background is there. Mouse works.

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

2D Driver Version:8.01.01.1346

I eagerly await Beta 2. Until then, I'm in the sideline.

so could you send me c:\windows\system32\udwm.dll ? via PM, thanks.

Including latest GA Rollup A updates etc? Because not sure if it got updated or not...

Edited by sirWest