Per machine, as I want settings to be same between all logins.

When I checked those registry keys before and after activation, the LicenseHash value obviously stayed the same, but the ActivationData changed (ie. old data was overwritten with new data, rather than a ActivationData1 being created with the new data).

This is on Win 8.1.1 x64 with latest SIB+ 1.6.2

One other thing - I have been getting crashes in explorer.exe, module twinui.appcore.dll, but haven't found the cause yet as it's unpredictable. It seems to occur just after logging in and explorer.exe automatically restarts itself and doesn't seem to crash 2nd time around.

Have you had any other reports of explorer.exe crashing in module twinui.appcore.dll, and could it be caused by SIB+ ?

I have a crash dump I can send, but the analysis just points to twinui.appcore.dll as the culprit.

I want to report a search issue I’ve been seeing for some time now in StartIsBack+. It seems that it cannot find properly shortlinks (LNK files) with hyphens in them.

E.g., I have a shortlink named PDF-Viewer (for PDF-XChange Viewer). Here is what whappens when I type to launch the program:

“PDF”: It is found and I can launch it.

“PDF-”: It is found and I can launch it.

“PDF-Viewer”: Not found.

“Viewer”: Not found.

Note that the default Windows 8.1 search on the Start screen finds the program for all four strings above.

My system: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, fully up-to-date.

Cheers!

Hi Tihiy, hope all is going well with your new employment. With windows 8.1 Update 2 supposedly coming out two weeks from today (12 August), I was wondering if StartIsBack will continue to work with it, even with it's new built-in start menu? Thanks.

Hi Tihiy, hope all is going well with your new employment. With windows 8.1 Update 2 supposedly coming out two weeks from today (12 August), I was wondering if StartIsBack will continue to work with it, even with it's new built-in start menu? Thanks.

Update 2 won't have a start menu.

Per machine, as I want settings to be same between all logins.When I checked those registry keys before and after activation, the LicenseHash value obviously stayed the same, but the ActivationData changed (ie. old data was overwritten with new data, rather than a ActivationData1 being created with the new data).This is on Win 8.1.1 x64 with latest SIB+ 1.6.2

Any update on this Tihiy ?

You mentioned it should already do this, but that's not what I'm seeing

So I don't know if this is a problem with Aero Glass or Start Is Back, but I only get this problem when both are installed on the same machine.

These grey boxes show up around start menu items as well as on the sides of notification area icons. It is not screenshotable so I had to use my phone camera.

final.png

(Keep in mind that it doesn't matter which start menu style you use, the problem remains. I just used the W7 style to show it better)

When customizing the start menu from the msstyles, does SIB check for any property or class to determine whether or not to show it?

I don't theme too much so only today did I realize that modifying an 8.1 theme didn't update the start menu so I checked this thread and saw it requires an unmodified 8.0 theme.