compaq evo n410c video driver

goodiesguy

Does anyone have the videocard driver for the Compaq Evo N410c laptop? It's no longer on their site, and i don't have it. I've got the sound driver.

I'm having to use a generic no 3d accellerated driver, and it's annoying.

Please help me.

I'm running 98SE on it, with the Service Pack.

• 1 year later...

Here's a hard one. I've since gone back to windows xp.

I've got all the drivers, but I can no longer find a piece of software on their site. It was "Intervideo WinDVD 3" for the evo n410c. Yes, I know I can use open source VLC or PowerDVD, but i'd really love to find the link to the download again, as it worked perfectly with the laptop.

Edit: i've found a readme, but no link: ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp22001-22500/sp22141.txt

Edited by goodiesguy

The text file does lists a version "Presario WinDVD" 3.1.53 but it seems prior to the packs presenting Intervideo WinDVD 1 and 2 (2.4.64) :huh: .

It seems Intervideo WinDVD 3 came out in 2002, after Compaq was taken over by HP.

@Tripredacus,: your list is the same link as posted by allen2. :angel

Edited by Ponch

It seems Intervideo WinDVD 3 came out in 2002, after Compaq was taken over by HP.

@Tripredacus,: your list is the same link as posted by allen2. :angel

:P

I think the real problem with WinDVD 3 is the fact that Compaq was only allowed to provide the product with the system and not sell the product on its own. You may have even gotten a CD with the system with the software on it. It would explain why I can only find patches for it or trials for the actual software.

There is this, which is WinDVD 4 but *may* be only an upgrade installer, meaning WinDVD 3 might be required to be installed first.

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp25501-26000/SP25685.exe

Also I did a bunch of reading and it seems WinDVD 3 needs a specific version or patch to run on XP and/or with certain CPUs.

I looked on Ebay and there are some v3 and v4 discs out there. They aren't Compaq discs but I doubt you'd have trouble installing the Dell or Gateway one on a Compaq. :unsure: Then again, I have to wonder about paying $ for old software like that...

I think the real problem with WinDVD 3 is the fact that Compaq was only allowed to provide the product with the system and not sell the product on its own. You may have even gotten a CD with the system with the software on it. It would explain why I can only find patches for it or trials for the actual software.

My point was that Compaq had been distributing "Presario WinDVD 3" but not "Intervideo WinDVD 3" wth their products.