SFC asks for Win XP Pro CD2

What is "Emerald", if I may be so bold as to as ask?  :unsure:

A quite nice shade of green, of course. ;)

More seriously, it's just some jargon, it is interesting how it is coming from someone recommending to watch terminology, but don't worry, those in the knows use a lot of these codenames, original source is probably Paul Thurrot:

http://winsupersite.com/windows-xp/microsoft-remote-keyboard-windows-xp-media-center-edition-review

Back in early June 2005, I had some folks from the former eHome Division at Microsoft over for a meeting about Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 Update Rollup 2 (UR2, codenamed Emerald), a product revision that was originally due in August but was recently delayed until later this year.

and this should tell you something.... ;)

As a side note, I have the feeling that the OP *somehow* managed to solve the problem in the almost 4 (four years) that passed before  Dibya posted his advice.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

As a side note, I have the feeling that the OP *somehow* managed to solve the problem in the almost 4 (four years) that passed before  Dibya posted his advice.

Sure! Then again, Dibya seems to like some archeology...   :P

BTW, do you think there may be an Emerald Pill? Since there's a Red Pill and a Blue Pill...   :dubbio:

220px-Red_and_blue_pill.jpg

On-Topic - I have what's *supposed* to be an SP3 Update Pack specifically made for MCE2005 (and can't remember the link to it *or* have it tucked away in a DOC/TXT file) that (theroetically) can be added to an SP3 Clean Source, thus "converting" it into MCE2005 (AFAICR) aldo pulled from Wincert (again, AFAICR). I believe it may have been Ricktendo that created it. :unsure:

By pulling the "Emerald" Update from my DVD, I would have "Symphony" (the one released to OEM System Builders). It isn't any particular shade of Blue but plays a great concert, if you're into classical music. :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

On-Topic - I have what's *supposed* to be an SP3 Update Pack specifically made for MCE2005 (and can't remember the link to it *or* have it tucked away in a DOC/TXT file) that (theroetically) can be added to an SP3 Clean Source, thus "converting" it into MCE2005 (AFAICR) aldo pulled from Wincert (again, AFAICR). I believe it may have been Ricktendo that created it. :unsure:

By pulling the "Emerald" Update from my DVD, I would have "Symphony" (the one released to OEM System Builders). It isn't any particular shade of Blue but plays a great concert, if you're into classical music. :w00t:

Hi , I am using One addone by Rick to convert Pro to MCE . I guess your talking about that .

Rick MCE addon link:: http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/4652-addon-media-center-2005-english-january-24-2012/

I have used this one for my friends AMD A10 PC which was upgraded from AMD athlon