WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

"*" issue, which does not correctly address the situation
WindowsApps

\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft*
!\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_*

Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_1.17.10691.0_neutral_split.scale-100_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_1.17.10691.0_neutral_split.scale-125_8wekyb3d8bbwe

will lose
Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_1.17.10691.0_neutral_split.scale-125_8wekyb3d8bbwe

QQ图片20240102222214.png

QQ图片20240102222130.png

JFX, hi! I have problem installing wim image of Windows 10 LTSC to laptop Acer ES1-132. Bios can not change secure boot mode, simply dont have such option. When i try to install wim with WinNTSetup laptop cant see boot at all. In bios there is no options to change, ill try all.

Is there something i can try with WinNTSetup to solve this problem? I try installing from rufus made usb in gpt mode and it worked, but i dont wont to use original iso, i need my wim file. Please help. :hello:

Edited by dimo70

@wuliyen Oh, right I was thinking about WinSxS folder, but you showed WindowsApps.
It does work here and keeps all 5 folders.

Maybe it's Windows setup that removes them depending on the "scale factor" of the newly installed Windows.

@dimo70 You need to use GPT format for UEFI boot only and select the FAT32 ESP partition as boot drive.

On 1/3/2024 at 5:52 PM, JFX said:

@dimo70 You need to use GPT format for UEFI boot only and select the FAT32 ESP partition as boot drive.

Thank you, I see. :yes:

PS: Everythings is ok and works fine, thanks.

Edited by dimo70

On 1/2/2024 at 3:59 PM, JFX said:

@Antonino Blindly add files may not be the best way.
First make sure you can install the driver and it show's correctly in device manager.

@wuliyen That's a feature, read from here.

@jfx

I never did install wifi facility, it came automatically with full windows setup, in the form of ethernet on my PC and of wifi on the laptop, probably depending on what it found. When I minwin the full install on the former, everything's ok; when I do it on the latter I lose the wifi thing, and can only connect thru the cable. Now what shall I do to reinstall wifi and/or regain the wifi facility? Or alternatively, which lines shall I "!" in order to keep it?

Edited by Antonino

WinSxS
Want to delete the amd64_microsoft-windows-onedrive-setup folder, but keep the other files. How can I do it?
TXT add
\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-onedrive-setup_*

\Windows\WinSxS\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-onedrive-setup_*.manifest
unrealizable

Edited by wuliyen

@JFX still about wifi,

now I am just after checking my wife's laptop in device manager, and I see the wifi thing perfectly installed if that is what u mean, but still on the top right corner of the screen I am faced with the globe icon and no access to any wifi list as would be the case with normal full-install pre-minwin service. the os does not seem to care to even look for wifi points around. the hardware, as I said earlier, is ok. 

Edited by Antonino

On 1/4/2024 at 4:00 PM, wuliyen said:

WinSxS
Want to delete the amd64_microsoft-windows-onedrive-setup folder, but keep the other files. How can I do it?
TXT add
\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-onedrive-setup_*

\Windows\WinSxS\Manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-onedrive-setup_*.manifest
unrealizable

WinSxS.txt, unlike other *.txt in the Remove folder, works on the principle of a white sheet, i.e. does not delete only those specified in WinSxS.txt

And what's the point in deleting one folder in WinSxS?

6 hours ago, sakatgg said:

WinSxS.txt, unlike other *.txt in the Remove folder, works on the principle of a white sheet, i.e. does not delete only those specified in WinSxS.txt

And what's the point in deleting one folder in WinSxS?

Yes, I know. Because I want to keep the windows update feature, I can only delete a small number of specified folders。

well, folks, I can see that many people's needs expressed here so far suggest that a databank be kept which consists of all files and folders and drivers and stuff on a per-app or per-feature linux-like module basis to help each other with the features we do want to keep. otherwise we have to go by trial and error, which is not the best idea, as jfx suggests. I see that I am not the only one here with these whimsical needs, and I have been quibbling as to what the starting point might be. reboot.pro keeps an old but still valuable record of all applets that one does not want to do without, and this winntsetup here can still be a wonderful outpost for picky sticklers like us.  even winntsetup was started with certain criteria as to what to leave intact and what to take out, which is a good start but then each one of us wants some further tailoring to one's needs. pls let me know what u think of the idea. 

I would like winntsetup to provide the following further features
1.mount install.wim
2.adding updates and drivers
3.Apply MINWIN to the folder
4.save and unmount wim
Because the ISO is getting bigger and bigger, fast 6 G.

NTHelper - The kit collects utilities for checking the status of disks, managing partitions, preparing disks using ready-made disk part scripts, as well as working with VHD virtual disks. Installation is carried out either with the original WinNTSetup, or with WInst as an alternative option. The kit makes it possible to fix problems with loading (bootice, WInst). Can be used both in WinPE and on a live system.

More tools on http://nelegal-edition.ru/

Screenshot_6.png

Edited by dimo70