IE8 not able to be amputated?

Creatura

Hi Folks out there,

first of all: I'm german, so not only my english is not very good, but also if I quote System-Messages etc, I directly translate them from german into english. This means, maybe the original english message is different to my translation.

I tried out nLite now "hardcore" since 3 days (different variations, what happens, does it work etc.)

Now I have builded a Version, which is fine so far and it seems to run and everything (without any further Progs installed, sure I cannot check everything, but it looks good)

Yet I tried to make the same Version, but killing the IE8 (I hate this Observationtool). Nothing works no more. I burned the CD, I tried to install and get the following error-message

"for the mentioned Operation there are not enough Quotes for Memory or Swap file existing"

Ok so far, nLite has the funktion for explizit this handling (?) to 'activate' or 'de-activate' - I tried both. The message keep the same. Now I suspect, that "operating" the IE8 out of the Windows causes this trouble (this is really the onliest change to a former Version, which works very fine and even don't have this error-message while installing)

There are some little more malfunktions (like "kicking the context-menue entrys for Windows Media Player" works here only partial) but this are all so small things, that I can live with them

Anyone out there can help me with this mysterios Problem?

thanks to all and... Dino: you are GOD or minimum the Holy Father :-)

edit: this forum decide, get my post here - I'm wondering why because I had choosen Win XP. Can somebody move this thing to the correct Topic? thank you

Edited by Creatura

#1 WinXP does NOT come with IE8... Why are you trying to kill what is not there?

#2 Please read the BIG RED LETTERING at the top of the forum section and provide you last_session file.

#3 JUST remove IE (NOT IE CORE) as many apps depend on IE core.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

#1 my Windows (XP incl. SP3) COME with the IE8 - otherwise I wouldn't try to remove him (it is an already modified version, and the original is not avaliable for me)

#2 if you think my german language file can help - ok, here it is: Letzte Session (205603.27-12.41.20).ini

#3 Sure I tried only to remove the IE himself and not the IE Core (I was reading every hint at every point very carefully as far as they exist)

#4 Thank you for trying to help me

Thank you for answering again.

#1 it is a very fast "shoot out of the hep"-Desicion, that I use warez because the original is not available. I'm sure you know about corporated Versions and those you get from your Boss. I have my own bought licensed Win XP/SP3 but I prefer the Companys one, because I don't have the WPA-Stuff with this. And, who knows? Maybe they also use nLite?

# yes, that issue (?) with the Explorer startet... is well known but how this shall influence the installation-process on his very beginning (shortly after: choose the Partition or HDD you will install Windows)

This is a very clear, simple and easy to understand answer. Thank you very much for this. Even if it cannot fix my Problem, it is also good to know, that there is no solution at all - whicht saves me a lot of "research-time" in the Internet.

Especially for this I will thank you also

PS: nLite is a wonderful, genius Programm in any way - I know about and test it out since 3 Days but I LOVE it already. I only wished, there were some more german hints ;-( in some things I totally not know what they mean for the system (and so - sure - I don't touch them). At other points, it give the first understandable explanation I ever had read for this points :-)

Bye bye and again: thank you

Creatura aka Gudrun

#1 it is a very fast "shoot out of the hep"-Desicion, that I use warez because the original is not available. I'm sure you know about corporated Versions and those you get from your Boss. I have my own bought licensed Win XP/SP3 but I prefer the Companys one, because I don't have the WPA-Stuff with this. And, who knows? Maybe they also use nLite?

fyi, nLite cannot be used in a Company context, it's in the License agreement.

yes sure Ponch, but I also wrote: who knows? Because I don't know it.

You might want to be careful of clicking the "Accept" button on software then, because it was displayed to you when you installed nLite. Glad to see you've found a solution, but again, be careful of warez. You'll find MSFN very intolerant of warez discussions (not necessarily warez users, but discussions of it here).