some OS error

vinifera

i have fully automated unattended setup

i use T13 stage via runonce (with batch file)

to quietly install some components/updates and then suddenly reboot (shutdown -r -t 00)

and just when Administrator account starts to load its settings OS normaly reboots

but before it reboots some message pops up with error icon

and i see (later) in event viewer an error which leads to file setuperr.log

that says

Error:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtml.dll because of the following error:

GetProcAddress returned error 127 (the specified procedure could not be found).

Error:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\msrating.dll because of the following error:

Error:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\inseng.dll because of the following error:

Error:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\occache.dll because of the following error:

Error:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\webcheck.dll because of the following error:

Error:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\imgutil.dll because of the following error:

Error:

Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\pngfilt.dll because of the following error:

is this something critical ?

can it be related to Visual C++ 2008 SP1 redist ? (i also add it to install in T13)

vinifera, I would say it is critical. How did you include IE? What IE are you using? Is IE working on your install? I Googled all the file names in the error messages and they all seem to be related to IE. So attach your T-13 batch file and please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

vinifera, I don't see anything obviously out of whack. I use XP x64, so can't tell about your updates and since you stripped most of the name, I can't tell some basic information. What is the WMFDist11.exe and where did you get it? Does it contain WMP11 updates? Are any of your included updates for WMP11? If so they need to go after the WMFDist11.exe. Are you sure of the update order? Have you considered using an Update Pack? Why not use the WMP11 Slipstreamer by booogy? If all else fails, you will need to remove some stuff and use trial and error to get at the problem. I would start with the WMFDist11.exe, then get rid of all the updates and see what happens. Have you run nLite more than once on the same folder? Are the files in the error messages really in your System32 folder? Good luck, John.

regarding updates they are latest directx 9, windows installer 4.5 and visual c++ 2008 sp1 redist

and ofcourse post SP3 hotfixes

WMFDist11.exe is codec from WMP 11 that allows user to watch high quality WMV files (WMVA video codec)

but it is NOT installer/upgrader for/to win media player 11

i do not have any updates for WMP 11 since no point if OS dont have it :)

but i do have these

KB952069 Vulnerabilities in Windows Media Components Could Allow Remote Code Execution (Windows Media Format Runtime)

KB954155 Vulnerabilities in Windows Media Runtime Could Allow Remote Code Execution (Windows Media Audio Voice Decoder)

KB968816 Vulnerabilities in Windows Media Format Could Allow Remote Code Execution

KB971557 Vulnerabilities in Windows Media File Processing Could Allow Remote Code Execution

KB973540 Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Active Template Library (ATL) Could Allow Remote Code Execution (Windows Media Player 9)

KB974112 Vulnerability in Windows Media Player Could Allow Remote Code Execution

KB975025 Vulnerabilities in Windows Media Runtime Could Allow Remote Code Execution (Audio Compression Manager)

Have you run nLite more than once on the same folder?

i ran it twice

1st time to make my tweaks

then i exit and delete VALUEADD folder (to gain space back to CD size)

and then 2nd time i just make ISO via nLite from that folder

Are the files in the error messages really in your System32 folder?

yes they are, all of them

Edited by vinifera

vinifera, then I would suggest that you get rid of all the updates and the WMFDist11.exe. I hope you are testing on a virtual machine. If so, you can take smaller steps - for example, just remove WMFDist11.exe. Please let us know what you learn. Good luck, John.

• 4 years later...

No, there is not. BTW, IE8 will directly integrate with newest nLite.

Here's your Greek IE8 link

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/D/E/7DE51A86-DB86-4F38-8D9E-FF3A37EA6FFF/IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ELL.exe

Now, if you'd have paid attention in this thread and given what was asked for, you would have gotten much further along, no? Start the back-and-forth here -

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/156533-experiment-of-how-nlite-slipstreams-updates/#entry1087495

Integrating IE8/WMP11 (only WMP11 now requires this)

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/162279-how-to-integrate-basic-updatesie8wmp11/

See "Change Log" at "August 31, 2013"

http://xdot.tk/

- IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.OnePiece.7z replaced by IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe (nLite now supports direct slipstreaming.)

No, there is -no- list of links to Greek Hotfixes. Use the list given in above link and change the Language at the appropriate place in the Microsoft Download Pages. The script at the above website downloads -FROM MS DIRECTLY- for English Only (DO NOT USE IT). For Greek, you're on your own getting them based on the list and links given.

HTH and good luck. ;)

(Notice - MSFN is an English forum. Other language assistance given is a courtesy.)

Edit - FWIW, this topic also has all IE8 (-and- IE7) download links for all languages -

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/172103-microsoft-at-it-again-playing-with-ie8-download-for-xp/

(courtesy tomasz86)

Also many/most/all(?) other fixes are here (also tomasz86)

http://www.windows2000.tk/archive/

Match KB# in -X- website to KB# in above to your language.

That's the best it gets.  Sorry. :(

Edited by submix8c