Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

hey there

could i run nullify.exe on windows server 2008 too ?

if its 32bit then i shouldnt see why not? :unsure:

well i run it via right click on winsxs folder icon i get black windows open and closed very quickly and the bat file in doesnt create

is its possable cos my windir is c:\win not windows ?

edit:

found the file in temp

what should i see in the bat file ?

possibly but i cant really say as i havent the need to use it! best wait for underxp to reply?

Nop, show error "search:query=YOUR_FRASE class not registered" ???????

still cant figure out what's causing that error?

wonder if this could be due to DTC removal?

duh!!! looks like it was due to removing search in vlite! :blushing::P

yea i know

but how u make ur iso below 500mb in windows 7 32bit ?

with that one, i removed netfx also a lot of drivers from system32\driverstore\filerepository & winsxs. deleted windows powershell from system32 but couldnt remove from winsxs as i kept getting install errors. also removed the opticalmediadisc files from winsxs, wallpapers, some leftover drivers & games

hey there

could i run nullify.exe on windows server 2008 too ?

if its 32bit then i shouldnt see why not? :unsure:

well i run it via right click on winsxs folder icon i get black windows open and closed very quickly and the bat file in doesnt create

is its possable cos my windir is c:\win not windows ?

edit:

found the file in temp

what should i see in the bat file ?

Hi aviv00, I will try to answer yours questions:

1) Nullify was created for apply to WIM images mounted. NOT for your installed system, but could be work too.

2) I think that Nullify can be used in Server 2008 too, because is a simple program, don't use extrange techniques nor specific API (including X64 editions)

3) All files created by Nullify go to the %TEMP% folder. These files are NOT deleted after run it.

4) Nullify create a batch file with the contents from a folder, adding the command "type nul >" before each file name.

5) If the current user don't have sufficient privileges over the folder that you want to nullify, Nullify will create the batch file but will fail silently.

I think that your specific problem was try to apply Nullify over installed Windows Server 2008. In this case, you must take ownership over the folders into WinSxS, because normal users can NOT modify their content.

I hope that this information can help you :hello:

Edited by underxp

aviv00, for example I apply Nullify in the nexts folders (in mounted install.wim):

Winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-shell-wallpaper-scenes_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7229.0_none_b9c0378f79ce0b9a

winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-shell-wallpaper-nature_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7229.0_none_eb1791e5c4cd2a6c

winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-s..lpaper-architecture_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7229.0_none_ef18032e7c2d982e

winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-ehome-* (these folders are tied to Windows Media Center and I removed it with DISM)

and a LOT of other folders !!!!!!!!!!!

It's very simple to reduce WinSxS size, install TreeSize Profesional and check the folders with the bigger size into WinSxS (relatives to packages previously removed with vLite/DISM), apply nullify within TreeSize Profesional

Edited by underxp

yea i know

but how u make ur iso below 500mb in windows 7 32bit ?

with that one, i removed netfx also a lot of drivers from system32\driverstore\filerepository & winsxs. deleted windows powershell from system32 but couldnt remove from winsxs as i kept getting install errors. also removed the opticalmediadisc files from winsxs, wallpapers, some leftover drivers & games

I don't remove powershell package, but Nullify all folders relatives to powershell into WinSxS and Seven install OK, only event log viewer show some errors about powershell (Failed to compile: Microsoft.PowerShell.* :whistle: )

Edited by underxp

... Just an error everytime during installation. Is there somewhere you can dig up what installation fails on?

dead0, underxp or anyone else have more information on this. A log-file that is created, stating the package or file that is missing?

... Just an error everytime during installation. Is there somewhere you can dig up what installation fails on?

dead0, underxp or anyone else have more information on this. A log-file that is created, stating the package or file that is missing?

which package or what error are you getting?

ps heres my latest lastsession & batch file for x86:

Dead0, your last batch file remove only 49 packages!!! Did you tried removing Printer Drivers with vLite? It's a heavy package (about 500 MB) and DISM doesn't remove these drivers from WinSxS, you must remove it manually. Nullify can help, but are many printer driver folders !!!!!

Dead0, your last batch file remove only 49 packages!!! Did you tried removing Printer Drivers with vLite? It's a heavy package (about 500 MB) and DISM doesn't remove these drivers from WinSxS, you must remove it manually. Nullify can help, but are many printer driver folders !!!!!

yes it removes less with dism but removes more with vlite! as for the printer drivers, dism does remove it but you have manually delete it from the winsxs folder! i think thats the problem with dism, it removes from windows but doesnt delete the backup from the winsxs folder? basically i just delete the printer drivers starting with prn...

Edited by dead0

Well, how do you manually remove it? Delete the entire folder or nullify the folder content? vLite remove drivers from WinSxS?

i just delete all the prn folders from winsxs! vlite removes some drivers but not all