The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

are you guys connecting GND on the hdd PCB?

"GND"of (usb to ttl) to "GND" of hdd

usb to ttl(RX) to hdd (TX)

usb to ttl(TX) to hdd (RX)

usb to ttl(GND) to hdd (GND)

that's it.....hope you'll be lucky

'

I just bought an original nokia CA-42 cable and my computer is not detecting it at all, I've used the drivers from the nokia website. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried it in all the available USB ports and I'm getting no reaction from computer, with or without the drivers installed.

I just bought an original nokia CA-42 cable and my computer is not detecting it at all, I've used the drivers from the nokia website. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried it in all the available USB ports and I'm getting no reaction from computer, with or without the drivers installed.

May be you have a false cable.

You can probe it with a multimeter (between USB connector and mobile connector).

It's a real nokia cable, I got it from an authorized retailer in Manhattan and it came in the Noikia retail blister pak. I don't have a multimeter, but if it isn't showing up in windows I can't specify the port or access any of the setting for the com port.

Alright everyone. The BUSY state REMOVAL WORKS PERFECTLY!

As I suspected, my friends drive was locked in BUSY state. 3 minutes (and some careful placement of the PCB board) I successfully unlocked the drive.

This drive does not have an LBA=0 issue, so I was not able to try that.

Thanks,

Fatlip

How you suspect, is bios recognize hdd?

F3 T>/C

F3 C>Q

and there is commands;)

just mining of its...

I have used this repair solution, for both busy error and 0 LBA. It works to perfection. The data on the drives were not altered in anyway and the drives are in solid working condition. Thanks :thumbup

Ok, as I could not find any adaptors in my country i decided to use a CA-42 Cable.My cable has 5 wires in it : Blue,Yellow,Red,Green,White. I know that the blue one is ground because if i conect any wire to it, symbols appear in the terminal. But I cant find the TX and RX wires. I tryed conecting every possible combo of loop of the remaining 4 wires but nothing appeared when I wrote in terminal. Is there any other way to determine the RX and TX wires?

Edited by Cry17

I bought a CA-42 with 5 wires: black, yellow, red, white and blue.

When I connect to a USB port is not recognized by the system so I think that this particular cable is useless, € 35 in the trash.

True?

Greetings

If you don't find the USB device, you can:

1.- Test the pinouts of USB connector and mobile connector with a multimeter

2.- Try unmount the plastic case, if there is an electronic board with integrateds circuits the cable is good.

If your cable is wrong I can send you the correct cable with all the connectors and cables mounteds.

Fixing 0 LBA error:

Note: All commands are case sensitive !

To correct 0 LBA error, you'll need to do a quick format in order to regenerate the partition, just with m0,2,2 and the rest can be left blank by putting only commas or filling out with zeros. At the end you need to use a "ValidKey" code, or 22.

Attention: The commands must be used 100% equal as showed here, wrong cmds could lead to data loss or HD loss! Double or triple check the cmd before to press enter!

So we'll have to enter:

F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 (enter)

For reference: F3 T>m does:

Level T 'm': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, FormatPartition, m[Partition],[FormatOpts],[DefectListOpts],[MaxWrRetryCnt],[MaxRdRetryCnt],[MaxEccTLevel],[MaxCertif

yTrkRewrites],[ValidKey]

Gradius

Thank you Gradius! But I have important question - should HDD be powered when recovering from 0 LBA error? Because on your picture it is no powered!!!

I bought a CA-42 with 5 wires: black, yellow, red, white and blue.

When I connect to a USB port is not recognized by the system so I think that this particular cable is useless, € 35 in the trash.

True?

Greetings

If you don't find the USB device, you can:

1.- Test the pinouts of USB connector and mobile connector with a multimeter

2.- Try unmount the plastic case, if there is an electronic board with integrateds circuits the cable is good.

If your cable is wrong I can send you the correct cable with all the connectors and cables mounteds.

Thanks pichi:

Definitely my AC-42 is a simple USB cable.

I am interested in your offer to send me the complete kit.

I sent you a private message.

Greetings

Hello guys, I certainly need helps here.

I have got meself generic CA-42 cable, installed Prolific 2302 driver and detected as "Prolific USB-Serial Comm Port". It has five cables inside: Black, Green, Orange, Blue and White.

P6240001.jpg

After reading from some post/site, I managed to make a little conclusion:

1. Blue - RX

2. White - TX

When I connected to hdisk (I powered the hdisk using external power cable) and only to get continous garbage texts.

Clipboard012.png

Perhaps someone who might know what the problem is can lead me to solve this problem.

Would appreciate that. Thanks...