new fileset

fdv

en.wiki has some info on what MSXML and MDAC are. It's all I know of them. I think I'll try an install without either, see how far I'll get installing stuff.

Yea I got "C:\contents list.txt" but I was trying "%SystemDrive%\contents list.txt".

After all when at the root of cd drive D:\ a DIR \i386 *.* %SystemDrive%\List.txt will work.

EDIT: Ah, you can't just %SystemDrive% just like that :) it'll have to be hexes.

Edited by Brabant

@FDV:

Thanks alot my friend - much appreciated! :)

CU, Martin.

Edit:

Hmm, i have just now installed the inf's DefaultInstall section(righclick>install) and then i rebooted and runned TC's HFNetChk/Wget batchfile to check what updates i was missing and now i get this:

* WINDOWS 2000 SP5

Information

There is no information about this product's service pack level in

the XML database

* INTERNET EXPLORER 5.01 SP1

Warning

The latest service pack for this product is not installed.

Currently SP1 is installed. The latest service pack is Internet

Explorer 5.01 SP4.

I then opened regedit and checked the value of: 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CSDVersion', and it was 'Service Pack 5', even though your inf changes it to SP4!

But i have found out that this is because the key: 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CSDVersion' is irrelevant, and always upon each reboot gets reset to 'Service pack X', and where the 'X' comes by analyzing the key: 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CSDVersion', and where in that key '500' means SP5 and '400' means SP4...

This is also why i had 'Service Pack 5' in 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CSDVersion' after having installed your fileset, even though you define that key to be: 'Service Pack 5 IE free' in your shell.inf!...

(So your fileset must set 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CSDVersion' to '500' somewhere...)

The IE5.01-SP1 issue, was that ';SP1;" should be ";SP4;" under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\MinorVersion...

Thank's in advance :)

Edited by Martin H

@FDV:

I have been thinking, and personally, then i actually think that what you did originally, i.e. set it up as IE6 fully patched, is the best thing to do, since there are apps that needs IE6 and checks those IE reg-keys, and so changing it back to IE5 just to let an old and unsupported tool like HFNetChk see the correct version dosen't seem right...

So i would personally preffer that you just sticked to seeting your fileset up as IE6 fully patched by default, as you always have previously done, but of course it's your choise in the end :)

I do still think that it's best to set your fileset up as SP4 instead of SP5, since theres no advantage in setting it up as SP5 and since it can confuse some apps also, but again, your call, of course...

CU, Martin.

Edited by Martin H

On a related topic, anyone wanna give this a try?

It is not yet fully HFSLIP compatible. You must drag and drop - replace the files in SOURCESS for now. This is early work. Once XP is installed, find and run RUNLAST.INF.

Interesting, but didn't you already make an XP IE removal pack for some "HFSLIP folder on steroids"?

BTW, I really like the redesign of you site and your hotfix lists.

AFAIK tweakui doesn't remove it.

There is an option in TweakUI 1.33 under the Internet Explorer Tab called "Turn off Shell Enhancements", that turns off the web-fluff included with 98/Me/2000, including the Favorites menu.

And how did you remove the Favourites menu from the screenshot?:

dir-source-2k-1.png

Interesting, but didn't you already make an XP IE removal pack for some "HFSLIP folder on steroids"?

No, IIRC that was Win 2003. That method was experimental and we took it in various directions as something to try. It didn't prove very popular because most 2003 users use nLite. Which is fine, we were just trying stuff out.

I love nLite myself, but I wanted to apply the knowledge I've gained with 2000 to XP to see what I could do. I'm looking to remove as much as will make XP pretty much just like 2000 -- it's a personal goal anyway, so I can run things like Adobe CS3 which will not run on Windows 2000. Unfortunately, the DLLs like shell32 and browser and shdocvw all have mega-huge REGINST sections that fill the OS with crap, much more than 2000 ever did. So I am going to have to also issue text files to replace those sections (since those DLLs tend to be replaced by hotfixes). I have tried every possibile combination of 2000 and ReactOS DLLs in XP to see what would work, and the verdict is that Explorer won't launch with other OS DLLs in place (although the OS will work otherwise). nLite is a great tool but I felt it would be kind of silly to repeat what I did for 2000 that I was going to do anyway just to learn and not share it with people to mess with and also learn from.

And how did you remove the Favourites menu from the screenshot?:

Doesn't the code in IE.INF take yours out? Does yours show up? I haven't seen Favorites as a menu item in Explorer in a really long time. I forgot it was even "supposed" to be there.

TweakUI 1.33: I opened it just now and I see that it has a shell enhancements checkbox. I've never used it. If you have a regmon or reg snapshot program, see what key(s) it changes. Now that I'm going to do anything with the info, since my fileset literally destroys the ability of the OS to display IE shell enhancements, but I am curious anyway.

Edited by fdv

Doesn't the code in IE.INF take yours out? Does yours show up?

No and always. It's not in Suse 11 though which is what I've been playing with the last week.

I really thought you had just edited Favorites out of the little screenie. Which code in IE.inf should be responsible?

Doesn't the code in IE.INF take yours out? Does yours show up? I haven't seen Favorites as a menu item in Explorer in a really long time. I forgot it was even "supposed" to be there.

I was refering to the earlier screenshots you took in this thread of an install you did:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=at...st&id=23919

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=at...st&id=23918

,where you can see the Favourites menu is still present.

TweakUI 1.33: I opened it just now and I see that it has a shell enhancements checkbox. I've never used it. If you have a regmon or reg snapshot program, see what key(s) it changes. Now that I'm going to do anything with the info, since my fileset literally destroys the ability of the OS to display IE shell enhancements, but I am curious anyway.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a 98/Me/2000 machine right now, but I can tell you that in addition to removing the Favourites menu it also turns off the Quick Launch bar, JPEG/BMP/HTML wall paper, active desktop (along with the tab in "Display Properties"), removes the option to turn on Web menu, and blanks out the option to turn on web view in Folder Options.

XP has a similar option in the Group Policy Editor, though, as I think I told you before, this causes the Desktop tab in Display Properties to vanish for no reason. It may be possible to fix this by copying the Display Properties control panel applet from 2000 to XP (or maybe even ReactOS) and using that instead, but I never tried that.

• 3 weeks later...

@FDV

I personally have no use for dx9c, as i'm not a gamer and have old non-dx9 compatible onboard sound/graphics, and since i prefer the 'overlay mixer' renderer in MPC, but i've then still always slipstreamed dx9c since i thought that MPC needed it...

However, i've now just done a test, and found out that MPC works fine on dx7(of course without support for vmr9 renderers and pixelshaders), but just dosen't when using your fileset(when trying to run it, then Windows pops up an error message about the program failed to run and that an error report is generated, allthough i cannot find that error report anywhere)...

When using your fileset and slipstreaming dx9c, then MPC works fine, though...

Could it somehow be related to this entry in setuperr.log:

Error:
Setup was unable to process some components because of the following error in section DefaultInstall of information file mpcodecs.inf:
Class not registered

If this could be fixed, then i would really appreciate it...

Edited by Martin H

Thanks Tommy and merry christmas to you mate :)

This file is automatically generated by HFSLIP
HFSLIP is for personal use only
Copyright© TommyP 2005-2008

============================HOW TO REPORT A PROBLEM============================

If running into problems, refer to [url="http://hfslip.org/support.html"]http://hfslip.org/support.html[/url]

HFSLIP support forum: [url="http://msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=129"]http://msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=129[/url]

===============================================================================

Host OS - Windows 2000

HFSLIP Version - 1.7.9_beta_C, build 81223

HFSLIP Path - D:\Temp\test\

OS in SOURCESS - Windows 2000 Professional SP4 English

Drivers - DRIVER.CAB Updated

CD Install Path - Default

CDTAG - CDROM_NT.5

Mods - FDV Fileset
- CAT Files Removed (no overrides)

Files in your HF folder:
gdiplus_dnld.exe
IE5.01sp4-KB938127-Windows2000sp4-x86-ENU.exe
IE5.01sp4-KB947864-Windows2000sp4-x86-ENU.exe
IE5.01sp4-KB948881-Windows2000sp4-x86-ENU.exe
MDAC253-KB927779-x86-ENU.exe
OE5.5sp2-KB941202-Windows2000-x86-ENU.exe
Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB893756-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB896358-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB896423-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB899587-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB899589-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB900725-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB901017-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB901214-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB905414-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB905749-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB908506-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB908519-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB911280-v2-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB913580-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB914388-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB914389-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB917008-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB917537-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB918118-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB920213-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB920670-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB920683-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB920685-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB921398-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB922582-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB923191-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB923414-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB923810-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB923980-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB924270-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB924667-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB925902-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB926247-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB926436-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB927891-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB928843-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB930178-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB931784-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB933729-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB935839-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB935840-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB936021-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB937894-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB938827-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB941568-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB941644-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB941693-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB942831-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB943055-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB943484-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB943485-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB944338-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB945553-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB948590-x86-ENU.EXE
WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe
WindowsMedia6-KB925398-v2-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsMedia-KB911564-x86-ENU.exe

Files in your HFCABS folder:

Files in your HFGUIRUNONCE folder:

Files in your HFSVCPACK folder:

Files in your HFSVCPACK_SW1 folder:

Files in your HFSVCPACK_SW2 folder:

Files in your HFTOOLS folder:
7za.exe
boot.bin
CDIMAGE.EXE
cmdow.exe
HFANSWER.INI

Files in your REPLACE folder:
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\cmdlines.txt
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers.cmd
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\nircmd.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Process.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\runonceex.inf
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\SetupCopyOEMInf.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\audio\Vinyl97.inf
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\audio\vinyl97.sys
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\audio\Vinyl971.inf
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\audio\Vinyl972.inf
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\audio\VinylCmp.inf
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\chipset\agp\VIAAGP1.INF
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\chipset\agp\VIAAGP1.SYS
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\chipset\ide\VIAIDE.INF
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\chipset\ide\viaide.sys
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\chipset\inf\VIAMACH.INF
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\lan\difxapi.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\lan\fetnd5av.sys
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\lan\fetnd5bv.sys
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\lan\FETNDIS.inf
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\lan\vuins16.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\lan\vuins32.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\lan\winndi.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\nbicdnt.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\ps5333.inf
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3Displ2.cfg
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3Disply.cfg
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3Disply.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3DspCHS.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3DspCHT.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3DspJPN.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3DspKOR.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3DspWST.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3Gamma2.cfg
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3Gamma2.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3Gm2CHS.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3Gm2CHT.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3Gm2JPN.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3Gm2KOR.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3Gm2WST.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3gnb.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3gnbm.sys
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3in2chs.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3in2cht.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3in2jpn.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3in2kor.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3in2wst.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3info2.cfg
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3info2.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3ovlchs.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3ovlcht.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3ovljpn.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3ovlkor.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3ovlwst.hlp
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3ovrlay.cfg
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\s3ovrlay.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\S3uninst.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\Drivers\vga\VTPreset.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\7-Zip\7z457.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\ffdshow\ffdshow_beta5_rev2033_20080705_clsid.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Foxit\Foxit Reader.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Foxit\Foxit_JS_ExObjects.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Foxit\fxdecod1.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Foxit\js.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\ImgBurn\SetupImgBurn_2.4.1.0.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\MPC\mplayerc.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Opera\Opera_961_classic_Setup.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Opera\profile\NPSWF32.dll
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Opera\profile\mail\accounts.ini
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Opera\profile\mail\signature1.txt
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Opera\profile\profile\cookies4.dat
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Opera\profile\profile\opera6.ini
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Opera\profile\profile\speeddial.ini
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Opera\profile\profile\wand.dat
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Regshot\language.ini
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Regshot\Regshot.exe
D:\Temp\test\REPLACE\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\Regshot\regshot.ini

HFSLIP run time: 45m29s

The error is:

Program Error:

mplayerc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

Btw, i haven't yet switched over to the new update-list(i will in a couple of days time), and am still using Tomcat's latest list from April '08, with all high-priority updates(except KB842773 and KB908531 which FDV recommends not to include) + gdiplus(for Regshot unicode and Foxit Reader) and then nothing else...

Edit: Ohh, and of course i'm using latest FDV fileset(set#8f) and HFSLIP v1.7.9_beta_c...

HFSLIP.zip

Edited by Martin H

This is actually a bug in a codec. I wrote that INF file based on DX9 files.

In MPCODECS.INF, under [register] , all of those files (the DX9 versions) listed will normally register without errors. Somewhere there is a DX7 codec file that isn't registering. My rewritten INF file is definitely causing the issue, and to fix it, you would have to comment out RegisterDlls = register from [DefaultInstall] and then register each file manually to see which one throws an error.

I am guessing that DX9 fixes a buggy codec file and the bugfix never got released for DX7. I couldn't tell you which file however because I never did a direct compare of codec files between both DX versions.

Does DX9 really use that much overhead that you prefer not to use it? Anyway it might also help to attach the error log from Media Player Classic so I can see it, that might give the filename too. I'm not sure.

Thanks for your reply, mate :)

Although the error message from Windows states that an error log has been made, then no minidump is saved whatsoever(e.g. in %SystemRoot%\Minidump), and in event viewer there's just an entry from drwatson which isn't telling us anything relevant either...

(Btw, the error in setuperr.log about mpcodecs.inf is the same and always present, no matter if i slipstream dx9c or not...)

Anyway, i then thought to myself why i haden't just gone through '%windir%\setupapi.log' to see what specifically had gone wrong, and when i did, i found the bad file: 'acelpdec.ax':

[2008/12/28 03:32:21 448.1]
Munged cmdline: C:\WINNT\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf
EXE name: C:\WINNT\System32\rundll32.exe
Installing section DefaultInstall from C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf.
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINNT\system32\acelpdec.ax because of the following error:
DllRegisterServer returned error 2147746132
Error parsing RegisterDlls section register in C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf: Error 0x80040154: Class not registered
Error parsing install section DefaultInstall of C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf: Error 0x80040154: Class not registered
[2008/12/28 04:44:52 628.1]
Munged cmdline: C:\WINNT\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINNT\system32\ivfsrc.ax because of the following error:
DllRegisterServer returned error 2147500037
Error parsing RegisterDlls section register in C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf: Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
Error parsing install section DefaultInstall of C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf: Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
[2008/12/28 04:53:38 620.1]
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINNT\system32\mpg2splt.ax because of the following error:
DllRegisterServer returned error 2147746132
Error parsing RegisterDlls section register in C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf: Error 0x80040154: Class not registered
Error parsing install section DefaultInstall of C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf: Error 0x80040154: Class not registered
[2008/12/28 04:57:55 620.1]
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINNT\system32\msdxm.ocx because of the following error:
DllRegisterServer returned error 2147500037
Error parsing RegisterDlls section register in C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf: Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
Error parsing install section DefaultInstall of C:\WINNT\inf\mpcodecs.inf: Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
[2008/12/28 05:00:59 260.1]
Munged cmdline: C:\WINNT\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\WINNT\mpcodecs.inf
Installing section DefaultInstall from C:\WINNT\mpcodecs.inf.
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINNT\system32\msdxmlc.dll because of the following error:
GetProcAddress(DllRegisterServer) returned error 127
Error parsing RegisterDlls section register in C:\WINNT\mpcodecs.inf: Error 127: The specified procedure could not be found.
Error parsing install section DefaultInstall of C:\WINNT\mpcodecs.inf: Error 127: The specified procedure could not be found.
[2008/12/28 05:02:48 260.1]
Munged cmdline: C:\WINNT\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\WINNT\mpcodecs.inf
Installing section DefaultInstall from C:\WINNT\mpcodecs.inf.
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINNT\system32\strmdll.dll because of the following error:
GetProcAddress(DllRegisterServer) returned error 127
Error parsing RegisterDlls section register in C:\WINNT\mpcodecs.inf: Error 127: The specified procedure could not be found.
Error parsing install section DefaultInstall of C:\WINNT\mpcodecs.inf: Error 127: The specified procedure could not be found.

Edited by Martin H