Vista TCPIP.SYS patch thread

[TiLT]

Dont know if the thread has this, but if u think back to XP SP1, the TCP/IP limit was 65536 connection. Thats a big difference to SP2 that started the max10 connection BS, if i can say so. Because it really is. I for one have never had any spyware,viruses or such that this limit is supposed to hinder, at best.

Dont know if the thread has this, but if u think back to XP SP1, the TCP/IP limit was 65536 connection. Thats a big difference to SP2 that started the max10 connection BS, if i can say so. Because it really is. I for one have never had any spyware,viruses or such that this limit is supposed to hinder, at best.

Of course it's bs. It's not meant to hinder malware and such (anyone so naive to believe that?), but rather it's to hamper the use of filesharing apps.

Well not to put oil,gas and nitrogen on the fire, but gaming seems a lot smoother with this limit removed then enabled so to speak.

Before: 125/140 (spikes 160) ping to US when gaming. After. 110-15 very stable at least, ping to US when gaming.

I have a lot of ports open otherwise when i did these comparisons, and everything enabled in vista, nothing removed.

I am aware that this limit shouldnt affect latency or such, but then again, if something says stop, this is the limit, usually there tends to be a a queue of something, rather quick. I am totally not neutral on this subject, as I for one, think limits are meant to be broken, destroyed, and move on with life.

It seems like the new updates for vista sp1 gives the tcp ip stack workaround some troubles, ie system won't boot or tcp/ip stack locks up, no internet connection. I havent tried this since the RC of vista, x64. So, does it work with the latest updates? And if yes, someone could possibly create a hotfix package to slipstream with vlite, and everyone profits? I can't decide what i want more atm, the option to unlock the admin account in vista with vlite, or this..Think the admin unlock would be sweater as i can 'live' with the limit per se.

I can't decide what i want more atm, the option to unlock the admin account in vista with vlite, or this..Think the admin unlock would be sweater as i can 'live' with the limit per se.

Perhaps nuhi has a heart for both... :hello:

Does anybody try to patch vista x64 with instruction from forum.mydigitalife ?

Can you not try to test it in vmware? I would but computer kind of busy integrating 36 language packs atm.

Much profit!

I can not because my vista is 32 bit. doesn't work in virtual pc

but soon..

Vista x64 SP1 Patched TCPIP.sys, tried it in VMWare and actual install, have to press F8 every boot and disable driver check

Did you* first* disable automatic system recovery, drivercheck obviously, and possibly take out the copy in winsxs folder?

I seem to recall i saw a tool to make own security .cat file for patched tcpip.sys which might be the clue to make it 'accepted' totally by vista,

thus not necessarily future windows updates.