Vista TCPIP.SYS patch thread

[TiLT]

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

test mode disables Premium content

(M$'s so-called 'Premium Content' drop to low res. including HD movie, game etc.)

OFFTOPIC:

i dont understand wat premuim is in it ??

NHK made 2k (4096p) possible ,within 2 yrs 1080p no longer be sme Premuim content, just a common format

den wat happens to m$ premium ?? :/

Edited by Innocent Devil

Hi !

Using P2P software into a virtual machine like VMware or another (with xp and tcpip patched) work like a charm on my Vista x64 with the original tcpip.sys.

No more event 4226 ! and you can surf without any hangs or long wait !

Hi !

Using P2P software into a virtual machine like VMware or another (with xp and tcpip patched) work like a charm on my Vista x64 with the original tcpip.sys.

No more event 4226 ! and you can surf without any hangs or long wait !

I don't need to test it in virtual machine, it's better to do it on your own install for more results

is there tcpip patch for x86 vista sp1 build 6.0.6001.18000? but without using readydriver...

it's little annoying when use readydriver on dual boot

Edited by chaox

is there tcpip patch for x86 vista sp1 build 6.0.6001.18000? but without using readydriver...

it's little annoying when use readydriver on dual boot

No. You must use an auto way like readydriver or do it manually (F8) every reboot

• 2 weeks later...

CROSSCHECK:

i checked MD5 of both server 2008 and vista sp1 tcpip.sys and found the same hash

as : FC6E2835D667774D409C7C7021EAF9C4

so the lock is not in the driver,its somwhere else (maybe in registry)

that need a rethink how m$ changed its behaviour frm NT 5.1 to 6.0.

if it is a dll or registry it would be nice,though

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Windows Half-open limit fix

http://half-open.com/home_en.htm

Program Half-open limit fix intend for changing maximum number of concurrent half-open outbound TCP connections (connection attempts) in system file tcpip.sys.

This limit is entered by company Microsoft trying to make slower virus spreading from infect computer and cut down opportunities of participation of a computer in DoS attacks.

First this limit was entered in SP2 for Windows XP and present at all new versions of Windows. Limit consists that the computer is not authorized to have more than 10 concurrent half-open outbound connections. At achievement of a limit new attempts of connections are put in turn.

Thus, speed of connection to other computers is actually limited.

This limit is especially critical for P2P programs (µTorrent, BitComet, eMule, P2P TV etc.) users. When the P2P program works, pages in a browser can be loaded extremely slowly. The delay before the beginning of opening can make some tens seconds irrespective of speed of your connection.

Half-open limit fix cleans this limit, that is increases the maximal limit of half-open connections. For the overwhelming majority of users there will be sufficient the limit equal 100.

Is it safe?

Half-open limit fix creates backup copy of edited tcpip.sys file, and you at any moment can restore the original file, pressing of one button. I have tried to make the program as much as possible safe. In any case, use the given program at own risk.

What is the optimal value of concurrent half-open outbound connections limit?

I consider, that optimal value is equal 100. The further increasing the limit will have effect, only if You use simultaneously several P2P programs (µTorrent, BitComet, eMule, P2P TV etc.) or hold a server on a computer.

Does the limit cut down my internet speed?

To check up, whether works on your computer this limit, look in Event Viewer (for example via Control Panel — Administrative Tools; or Start — Run — EventVwr.msc). Each message «EventID 4226: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts» speaks about that limit has worked.

Usually it means, that the network worm (virus) or any P2P program works on your computer. If such messages in Event Viewer appear very often most likely you sweep up a problem and - you will have difficulties with opening web pages in a browser.

Edited by cable_loco

so, i found a little patcher on the web, used it, and behold!!!

it works great, no driversigning problems, no nothing :D

and my speed went up just a little, which is ok, but what matters the most, i can browse and download at the same time again, just for that...

ITS WORTH IT!!!

just to let you guys know :D

http://half-open.com/

there you can find it :)

edit: oh ****... just saw the post above me :P

well, at least it works guys :D

Edited by damian666

so, i found a little patcher on the web, used it, and behold!!!

it works great, no driversigning problems, no nothing :D

Yes, it works. :)

And Vista users may read here:

"Probably sometime, after updating Windows or SP installation on a desktop will appear watermarks "Test mode". They can appear as in Vista SP1 there is an obligatory check of the signature of drivers, and the file tcpip.sys sign with test signature after patching. Most likely, to make it disappear will be necessary simply once again patch tcpip.sys."