nLite 1.4.9.1 - Honey Turbo 9.1

nuhi

bledd, ok adding to dependency warning if it turns out not fixable.

Please fix it (and that other thing that bledd said), they are very annoying. You can do anything! :)

GL

just work around it for now :)

remember kids, if you like nlite/vlite

donate donate donate, helps hosting costs

Not that big of a deal Nuhi, but when removing "Intel Indeo Codecs", nLite seems to remove the files and leave the registry entries.

K-Lite's CodecTweakTool.exe is the tool I used to discover that problem.

Edit: More Information on that:

ID:	   vidc.iv41
Filename: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ir41_32.ax

Edited by BelowSky

Is the language removing bug fixed yet? I decided to wait until it's done until I re-format.

I decided to try and do something about this myself

this is what i have come up with so far-

---start of file

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"CTFMON.EXE"=-

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"CTFMON.EXE"=-

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"CTFMON.EXE"=-

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"CTFMON.EXE"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF]

"Disable Thread Input Manager"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\MSUTB]

"ShowDeskBand"=dword:00000000

--end of file---

Now S-1-5-19 and 20 there may or may not be needed, but i guess it cant hurt to have regedit try to delete them.

I havent got much info on showdeskband and the other one there, but it was what microsoft kb was recommending, as far as my english could tell me.

I did this since i will have to make a install for other folks, who will want the language options, but not the language bar running in itself.

ALSO i havent had time yet to check for other places for d.t.i.m and showdeskband, then current user, might add it to system etc as well.

If anyone could confirm or not on this, i would like to know, please dont hesitate to pm me on this subject.

edit: in nlite.inf there is actually:

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","ctfmon.exe"

Which i think got there since i tried to use my native language as regional settings with nlite.

Edited by TranceEnergy

suggestion : -extreme switch

this might be a good idea for any of the components which can cripple a new user if they select it (like with vlite)

That's what compability selection is for atm. But i welcome more work on nlite.

I'm wondering if nuhi has a copy of x64 xp, and if he does if it would help nlite on xp x64 development. There are so many little things, and some big ones, not really working atm.

Tbs, im considering buying xp x64 for nuhi himself =)

There is one thing i would like to see in future nlite, and that is simply possibility to review the changes nlite will make to the windows source folder, and editing them.

Then one could really easily create a very tight source. In short i would like to have more control.

More ON topic however; i simply removed dosnet.inf as well as removed all files for doing upgrade installs.

Now nlite bitches about missing dosnet.inf etc. Well install in vmware went perfect without it, not modified by nlite, clean image otherwise. What gives?

Trying to run the install in vmware, after using just options bar in nlite (settings windir, and usb patch etc) on install xp asks for sp2.cat as well. Setup does continue after clicking cancel for the file on 2 popup boxes.

Now since the install ran just fine before i nlite modded it, i guess its nlite or what?

Edited by TranceEnergy

transenergy, sounds like your source might be corrupt..

try again from a clean disc, do all the work in a x64 environment

JUST slipstream SP2, test that in a vm

then try more (don't use addons for now)

transenergy, sounds like your source might be corrupt..

try again from a clean disc, do all the work in a x64 environment

JUST slipstream SP2, test that in a vm

then try more (don't use addons for now)

No it isnt corrupt. I have simply removed files not needed for a normal windows installation. It's nlite that wants the files. I ran the install and vmware, and while i got error messages, the install went thru.

I then added back dosnet.inf for x64 sp2 source, and no other changes, and nlite gave no errors and no errors during install.

So i know what i am doing =) (Btw: i am not the guy who was trying to do x64 slipstreaming from 32bit, even tho i say that that works, you sound confused.=))

I just think its weird that nlite relies on this dosnet.inf file and cant use txtsetup instead that windows itself will work with.

It might be that an real install would fail, i dont know, and dont have an extra hd to test on atm, but i am intrigued.

Edited by TranceEnergy

Hi all, I think I have found a little bug in components removal. When SCSI/RAID is selected in nlite the produced hivesys.inf will have no %EVENTLOG_DESCRIPTION% string for eventlog service.

I'm using an italian localized version of winxp (tried both SP2 and SP3 clean disks). On english version it is obviously working correctly.

here is the last session.ini

[Main]
Env = 1.4.8 - 2.0.50727.42.Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Target = Windows XP Professional SP3 - 5.1.2600.5512 - Italiano (Italia)

[Tasks]
Remove Components

[Components]
;# Driver #
SCSI/RAID
;# Compatibilità #

[KeepFiles]
msconfig.exe

[RemoveFiles]
clock.avi
yahoo.bmp
swtchbrd.bmp

[Options]
ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings"
TargetPath = "WINDOWS"
temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Impostazioni locali\Temp
AdvTweaks

[Patches]

[Services2]

[Tweaks]

[Unattended]
ComputerType = Automatico
MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk = 12
RestorePointLife = 30
DesktopTheme = Predefinito||
AutoUDay = 5
AutoUHour = 15
ProgFilesPath = "\Programmi"

[NetAdapter1]
connname = ""
macaddress = ""
ipaddress = "192.168.0.1"
subnetmask = "255.255.255.0"
defaultgateway = ""
dnsserver1 = ""
dnsserver2 = ""
winsserver = ""
netbiossetting = "0"
ipxnetworknumber = "00000000"
ipxnetworkframetype = "0xFF"

[GuiRunOnce]

[Drivers]

[Hotfixes]

Part of the strings section for hivesys.inf

[Strings]
NTVDM_WOWCMD="%SystemRoot%\system32\ntvdm.exe"
TIMEZONEINFO_BIAS=0
AFD_SERVICE_DESCRIPTION="Ambiente supporto di rete AFD"
APPLICATION_MANAGEMENT="Gestione applicazione"
APPLICATION_MANAGEMENT_DESCRIPTION="Offre servizi di installazione di software come Assegna, Pubblica e Rimuovi."
AUDIOSRV_DESCRIPTION="Gestisce periferiche audio per programmi basati su Windows. Se il servizio è stato arrestato, le periferiche audio e gli effetti non funzioneranno correttamente. Se il servizio è disabilitato, i servizi da esso dipendenti non verranno avviati."
AUDIOSRV_DISPLAYNAME="Audio Windows"
CLIPBOOK_SERVER="ClipBook"
CLIPBOOK_SERVER_DESCRIPTION="Abilita il Visualizzatore Cartella Appunti per la memorizzazione e condivisione delle informazioni con i computer remoti. Se il servizio è stato arrestato, Visualizzatore Cartella Appunti non sarà in grado di condividere informazioni con i computer remoti. Se il servizio è disabilitato, i servizi da esso dipendenti non verranno avviati."
CRYPTSVC_DISPLAYNAME = "Servizi di crittografia"
CRYPTSVC_DESCRIPTION = "Fornisce tre servizi di gestione: il servizio Database catalogo, che serve per confermare le firme dei file di Windows; il servizio Archivio principale protetto, per aggiungere e rimuovere dal computer i certificati dell'autorità di certificazione delle fonti attendibili; e il servizio Chiave, che aiuta a registrare i certificati nel computer. Se questo servizio è interrotto, i servizi di gestione non funzioneranno in modo corretto. Se il servizio è disabilitato, tutti i servizi che dipendono direttamente da questo non potranno essere avviati."
ERSVC="Servizio di segnalazione errori"
ERSVC_DESCRIPTION="Consente la segnalazione di errori per servizi e applicazioni eseguiti in ambienti non standard."
EVENTLOG="Registro eventi"
EVENTSYSTEM_SERVICE="COM+ Event System"
HID_KEYBOARD_PORT_DRIVER="Driver porta stampante HID"
HID_MOUSE_PORT_DRIVER="Driver porta mouse HID"

event viewer is working correctly, but there is no description in services list

evtxo8.png

I did a compare between original and nlited hivesys.inf and it seems there are no other entries missing

On topic: Nlite 1.4.8 doesnt remove modem drivers and service pack messages for several languages on xp x64 sp2. Checked with source that is decompressed (un-cabbed *.**_ files).

Anyone care to confirm? Look for ww03*** files and mdm*** files. under both amd64 and i386 folders.

catx: Looks like error yes.

Edited by TranceEnergy