Freeware CHM Viewer AND PDF Merger?

Jeremy

Dunno about the PDF thing, but MS has a CHM (Compiled HTML Help) Help Editor (free); takes some "fiddling" to figger it out.

Or did I misunderstand the question?

Edited by submix8c

From an HFSLIP user's perspective, the help engine is removed as a side effect of removing IE and its HTML rendering engine. We primarily do it for security.

The PDF question should be quite a separate issue.

Sorry about that.

No prob, mate. :)

@DigeratiPrime

I may add that apart "straight HFSLIP" any project aimed to considerably reduce the bloat of a build has to face the total removal of the IE engine, as initially started by Fred de Vorck, and sporting this logo is actually cool ;):

remove-ie.png

Just as an example, xchm does work also in this EXPERIMENTAL "micro-build":

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/XPSP1-with...0-MB-t3717.html

It might be useful, even in a "Emergency Recovery Only" build, to be able to access Windows Help files.

And yes, .pdf is an alltogether different matter, reading them has not been a problem since Foxit made available it's reader, but sometimes one needs some editing and doesn't want (or cannot afford) full blown pdf creating apps.

BTW, there is an even smaller pdf reader around:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...15&hl=foxit

jaclaz

I may add that apart "straight HFSLIP" any project aimed to considerably reduce the bloat of a build has to face the total removal of the IE engine, as initially started by Fred de Vorck...
I thought that was probably the case but most of my experience is with HFSLIP so I didn't want to speak for the *Lite community. And Fred Vorck is an HFSLIP guy ;)
I could not resist, but if some one knows how to keep MS Office and MSN (Live) Messenger working without IE core, please post here or better PM me :) (I could be outdated :P).
The person I'd ask is Oleg_II in the HFSLIP subforum. He created a kludge to enable HTML support without IE a while back, and I recall that there was at least one other member (tommyp?) there that had a similar accomplishment. Good luck!