Windows XP SP3 Release Candidate 2, 3311

Glenn9999

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had read/heard somewhere that in the past, MS has "invalidated" installs for some pre-release software. I would hate to install this and then have my install "invalidated" so I have to do another install. If you were a betting type of person, what are the chances that MS does this with SP3 RC? Would it be a 50/50 chance that nothing happens or would the chances be higher that nothing happens?

• 2 weeks later...
Just an FYI, there's already a new build, 3282. So the short answer is, their still working on it.

They are on build #3311, and released it again to the public. Though you have to go through Windows Update to be able to get it from a public standpoint.

1) You need to be running Service Pack 2, so uninstall SP3 RC1 if you have the old public build (or any other build).

2) Download this script, which makes SP3 RC2 appear in Windows Update

3) Then download it off of Windows Update.

English v3311, directly from Microsoft: http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdo...e6ccb5ce018.exe (315MB)

how on earth did you find that? i've been looking everywhere... thanks a bunch.

*edit* nm... thats not RC2

*edit2* Ok i'm offically confused... the KB in the file name links to what looks like RC1... but it is in fact 3311... which i thought was RC2. *shrugs*

Edited by cybertron

I think I am going to give into the dark side and migrate my win2k setup to windows xp this weekend.

If I want to use this 3311 build, I am getting confused by some of the comments here, can I pre-slipstream my oem XP disc with the sp3? Or will it not work because it's not final?

I'm a slipstreaming newbie, so if this is possible, I would love a link to the most straightfoward guide.

And here we go again ...

**** it ... I want the final version :P

Wow, is it true, i will have to get another Serial number !? and what about my Corporate Key i use on Company ... It´s over a 100.000, windows computers, running all day ... Can´t even think on change the Corp key ...

any clue !?