How To Patch File In .CAB file

I Want To Patch The Files Into SP2.CAB File.

I Expanded Cabinet File & Edited Some Files I Want.

But I Confused About To Create .CAB File From Directory.

Plz Tell ME What Command Used to Create .CAB File (makecab).

Just use iexpress which is included in windows xp by default. Just type iexpress, and select option to make an activex install, itll make a .cab file.

-gosh

CabPack by Lars Hederer -

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/cabpack.htm

I use it occasionally and like it. It uses MS' "makecab". Basically, an interface that allows any options you might use conveniently input via a GUI. States Windows 95, 98, NT4, but works on anything above Win9x/NT4 (he quit developing it).

You might also want to check on MS site for "makecab" because they (did) have the package available along with some wonderful documentation giving formats, etc. You might want to do some light reading first...

Thx for additional suggestions (CabTool/TugZIP). Maybe more sophisticated than CabPack?

@gosh - Got the site up, eh? Looks good so far; no time to browse yet, but I will. Some links broken? Ennyhoo, thx...

Edited by submix8c

Hi I too was facing the problem creating .cab files. I tried IExpress, makecab, etc softwares but, all were a bit tricky. They are not simple, as IExpress asks you to select files type name etc., Last week i found a new software it is ALPHA ZIP (www.alphazip.com). Download it. It is excellent. Now, to create to create .cab just select the files u want , right click select alpha-zip -> select compress into -> xxx.cab (u'll be shown lot of extensions like .zip, .rar etc). and it will create a .cab file in the same directory just cut it and paste it somewhere else to use in future.

Dvij

jagannatij@hotmail.com

Just use iexpress which is included in windows xp by default. Just type iexpress, and select option to make an activex install, itll make a .cab file.

-gosh

Its very much overlooked utility @ your fingertips.

Thanks Gosh & good to see you back round here. :thumbup