Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


tyukok

Member
  • Content Count

    19
  • Donations

    $0.00 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About tyukok

Profile Information

  • OS
    Windows 7 x64
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Try adding user_pref("layers.acceleration.disabled", true); in FirefoxPortable\Data\profile\prefs.js just in case.
  2. Interesting. Try using the last official drivers - 81.98. From what I've heard, unofficial drivers can get pretty unreliable at times. Also, try it on FF47.0.1 without enabling hardware acceleration.
  3. I found a way to enable YT in Firefox 3x, too: you need to change "media.mediasource.enabled" to true in about:config. Also, looks like Greasemonkey doesn't work properly in FF4x - you can install it, but none of the userscripts seem to work.
  4. Here's something I've noticed while going through old Firefox release notes: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/44.0/releasenotes/ I know that Youtube supports VP9 encoding. So I figured I could finally watch videos on it instead of downloading them and watching them offline. I went to about:config, changed "media.mediasource.webm.enabled" to "true", restarted the browser, went to Youtube, and it actually worked! You can even change video quality.
  5. Yes, hardware acceleration and OMTC are enabled. I edited prefs.js to have them enabled by default and the UI glitch was gone. I'm using Windows 98 SE and the graphics card is GeForce 6200LE PCIe with official 81.98 drivers.
  6. Looks like that was the culprit - I was using Kstub822.dll. Replaced it, now FF48 runs fine. Thanks!
  7. I took all these DLLs from XP SP3, put them in System folder, put Kexstubs.ini in KernelEx folder (and changed Kstub822 to Kexstubs in core.ini, along with renaming Kstub822.dll to Kexstubs.dll). Installed FF48 portable, set firefox.exe and xul.dll to XP SP2 compatibility mode, but it doesn't start when I try to run it. No crash report, nothing. What am I doing wrong?
  8. In that case I would suggest a GeForce 6200LE card. An overkill for pretty much anything that requires Windows 98, I know, but it's a native PCI-e video card that has Win98 drivers, requires no additional power from the PSU besides what the PCI-e bus offers normally. They have passive cooling, so no worries about the noise. Also they support 1080p monitors, which is nice.
  9. @deomsh I tried it and had a following error: Exception EConvertError in modula HDA2.DLL at 000B:043D. '$0C' is not a valid integer value. If it won't work out it's alright - I'll just make use of a conventional PCI slot on my MB and add an age-appropriate soundcard. I'm thinking Dynex DX-SC51 - it has decent sound quality, there are 64-bit drivers for it, meaning it will work with modern Windows as well, and, to top it all of, it has a Wavetable header. Or maybe not even all that age-appropriate - SB Audigy Rx reportedly runs in Windows 98 with kX project audio driver 3538c. The only problem here would be finding this exact release of the drivers.
  10. @deomsh oh ok, here they are HDAcfg.ini HDAICIN.TXT HDALOG.TXT
  11. @deomsh There was no HDATSR line in AUTOEXEC.BAT, so I added it, and now it says "TSR installed" during boot. Also now it's "TSR found" and following lines were added in hdacfg.ini: [BUSMASTER] myPCIHI=$0012 myPCILO=$0000 myPCI=$00120000 aPCIHI=$0011 aPCILO=$0000 aPCI=$00110000 Still no sound. I thought HDATSR is needed only if your system has less than 512MB of RAM. I'm using patched vmm.vxd and vmm32.vxd, so my system has 3.3GB.
  12. @deomsh oddly, now it said CODEC Index=$0 Ok, so I thought that maybe I installed the driver wrong or something like that, so I reverted back to how the system was before installing the driver and tried again. And sure enough, the settings now were different. (hdacfg1.ini and hdalog1.txt) And, since CODEC Index in hdacfg.ini was $0, next thing I tried was using Hdaicout.hda.000, but there was no sound. (hdalog2.txt) Then I tried VerbInterface=$0. (hdalog3.txt and hdacfg2.ini) Also I set HDA Sound in Multimedia and tried to play an mp3 file. The slider in the player was moving, but still no sound. Then I reverted to VerbInterface=$1, and tried different wait values. No result. HDAcfg1.ini HDALOG1.TXT HDALOG2.TXT HDAcfg2.ini HDALOG3.TXT
  13. @deomsh Okay, this is strange. I've decided to try VerbInterface=$0 again and, while thjere was no sound, HDALOG.TXT has changed. Wait values were still $100. HDALOG.TXT
  14. @deomsh Sorry for the wait, was away for a few days. There was no difference in hdalog.txt
×
×
  • Create New...