Vista functionality bugged.

Departed

i too have noticed some bugs with functionality. like snipping tool not running unless right click on and ran as administrator. there are other but this one is real pain for me. i dont remove alot either, i only remove languages, media center, tablet pc, help, and speech which by the way removes over 4gigs. i feel like permissions gets screwed somehow as this doesn't happen if i logon in true admin account.

i found that when i disable UAC all my errors go away, when i enable it they all come back. maybe thats why most people aren't having problems cause they disable UAC.

AH-HAH

my bugmenot a** has found it

DON'T DISABLE SOFTWARE LICENSING, SL UI Notification, and Ready boost

Their needed for CP and flip 3d

YEAAA

have them disabled and works fine here, ready boost was taken out by vlite and almost all my services are disabled no problems at all since vista came out

AH-HAH

my bugmenot a** has found it

DON'T DISABLE SOFTWARE LICENSING, SL UI Notification, and Ready boost

Their needed for CP and flip 3d

YEAAA

Those services just checking the activation of the vista would be nice if nuhi could take them out and remove the dependence from the system

i don't know if its legit but its more about efficiency

Edited by aviv00

i have the problem and its not realtec, i have x-fi and uninstalled all drivers and CP never opens.

this isnt nothing with Vlite cause it hapened to me on 3 other installs that were from original disk.

i can reinstall it and it starts acting up the same day, usually works every so many reboots till it never works at all. nothing in CP shows under search nor functions as well

now when i open it, i get a blank white window

once i can find the new RC vlite download i'm going back to 32 bit

Simply restarting the Software Licensing service will fix this (each and every time it happens).

This is a bug with vista, nuhi, dont waste your time.

As much as you guys believe it has to do with vLite, trust me, its vista related. This has happened to me since early vista betas. Also happens on my retail copy. Microsoft simply ignored all of my bug filings on the subject, or blamed drivers on one occasion. I've yet to figure out what causes it, but I do know how to fix it when it happens.

On my system (C2D 6600 @ 3.2ghz, 2gb DDR2, etc) it seems to happen randomly. It started to happen very frequently, usually every single time I rebooted, but as of late, I havnt seen it in a few weeks.