anywhere left to buy win98se?

rov

I buy a new computer, it comes with windows pre-installed, but no installation CD; two weeks later hard-drive fails, I buy new hard-drive, need to re-install windows: what to do ?

I have (legal) NT 5.1 installation CDs, and don't care to use XP; but if someone does ? what is the procedure ?

Months ago, i sold parts from a compaq presario laptop. Its authenticity hologram (it has the serial number) is mine now but the laptop restore cd is lost. Which defines the license? The hologram or the cd?

I think I can speak for all of us here when I say, "huh?"

Free with Internet purchase? What, we buy the internet and they throw in Windows 98? I hope we don't have to wait for the rebate.

As a user of Windows 95, I wish it was abandonware... Then we could open-source it.

abandonware is NOT open source software. These software has copyrighted, but when the product creator gives its source code to public domain, is possible (Quake series for example).

Edited by chillinfart

Windows 95 is abandonware? What does that mean for distribution rights? Does it mean it is legal to download it? Not that I care I have 95 stored away some where I was just wonder. I never knew 95 was abandonware.