Could someone help me pick out PC parts please!

some1

:hello:

Im after a new PC - less than £500...

Looking at :

Intel Duo Core

2 Gigs of RAM

500GB+ HDD

*Queiter the better!*

and graphic card to do CS and Windows Vista!

anything will help me!

Edited by some1

With that budget it's going to be tough

But for a VC, definitely a GeForce 7600GT look to the XFX line for VCs, go with the XXX edition if u can, they're pre-overclocked and XFX makes good card that are covered by their double warranty. I haven't had an XFX card die on me yet :thumbup

I know there's always something better coming out tomorrow but....

Nvidia is releasing their affordable line of DirectX10 cards in March, the 8300 line which will cost about $99usd. Heck if you want just DX10 support, there will be a $70usd model too.

You can read about the upcoming cards at: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37205

Also, I agree you probably can't get the setup you want. I'd say buy a 1gb ram chip for now (don't get two 512mb for dual channel) and save up for the extra 1gb and but it when you can. 2gb is a must for power users, but 1gb is still pretty good for Vista.

Nvidia is releasing their affordable line of DirectX10 cards in March, the 8300 line which will cost about $99usd. Heck if you want just DX10 support, there will be a $70usd model too.

Don´t forget that those are not the street-prices, think about 30-40% more (incl. Tax that is) but still it would be nice cards for the price.

@ some1,

What screen do you use now? And are you going to play for example BF2142 or Unreal Tournament 2007 in the near future?