I can't install Soundblaster Live drivers silently

Igor

Well, to accomplish this, you would extract the drivers into $OEM$/$1/Folder (I used drivers) and then in your winnt.sif file (located in your I386 directory if you've correctly created it), and go to the [unattended] section. This is what I have:

OemPnPDriversPath="drivers\3com_90xv54\Disk1;drivers\soundblaster;"

Edited it a bit so it wasn't huge but you get the idea.

The reference to the live drivers in winnt.sif is the first method i tried. I didn't have any joy with this with my particular setup, my live drivers would never install properly if i just referenced them there (yellow exclamation in device manager). Hence i use the method detailed in my 1st post of this thread. The method using the /s switch does not require the drivers to be referenced from winnt.sif file.

Well, to accomplish this, you would extract the drivers into $OEM$/$1/Folder (I used drivers) and then in your winnt.sif file (located in your I386 directory if you've correctly created it), and go to the [unattended] section.  This is what I have:

OemPnPDriversPath="drivers\3com_90xv54\Disk1;drivers\soundblaster;"

Edited it a bit so it wasn't huge but you get the idea.

well....thats what i'm trying to AVOID.

those would get copied onto the hdd.

is there anyway to reference them without copying to the harddrive?

• 1 month later...
yeps.. well, i install the audigy drivers but im sure they contain live drivers too..

i use the command.. setup.exe -a -r -f1"c:\setup.iss" to record my options ..you'll find your setup.iss in c: then copy it over

only thing i do different..

:) I tried all this and it does NOT seem to work... my computer thinks for a few seconds and then stops.....I tried restarting to see if therre were any changes, but there were none....... :rolleyes: It's NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

First off if you are doing this on a unix/linux I havent got a clue[[[

BUT if it's windows then heres how ya do it..

GO to the SB LIVE down load center and get a driver...sounds simple but

MS products are cranky and ya have to coax them. so

dont give up [copy and paste or pointing it probably wont work]

keep uninstalling the Creative folders and hacking the Creative folder out of

HKLM/SOFTWARE doit every time you attempt to install and it doesnt work...dont rely on the auto unistaller provided with the download

when you reboot the program it might try to auto install a driver..dont use that

cause there are other things loading at start and it causes congestion on the setup.

GO to the SB LIVE down load center and get a driver and keep going back and getting others until it works sometimes it'l be an NT4 driver or a windows 2000

driver, sometimes it will install/unzip in the cabs folder sometimes it will go to

the system folder sometimes it will go in TEMP files. At any rate when you finally think you may have the "right" one use the Hardware installation Wizard

eventually it will "take"

the old SBLIVE sound drivers take a lot of restarts and hacks to get,

but it will go-- :)

good luck

I tried all this and it does NOT seem to work... my computer thinks for a few seconds and then stops.....I tried restarting to see if therre were any changes, but there were none.......  It's NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Calm down...

WOAH :rolleyes: there, partner, I do NOT follow you one bit. You trying to say that I have to KEEP REBOOTING AND INSTALLING THE DRIVERS till it works??? :D

I sure as heck hope NOT! THAT sounds like WAY TOO much of a pain in the a**!

It should only and EVER be simple command switches, file placements, and install scripts to run the apps, why would you do something as crazy as that?

I mean, were talking simple commands to initiate for an Unattended XP CD... :)

Explain that to me would ya

unattended windows

whats the point?

I dont get it---

I dont understand unattended windows unless you have

100 PC to install a custom software on...

ALSO

I found on a

review that said this driver was designed for

NT4/98/95

of course you can prolly install it on what ever

but without the Wizard I dont know if it will work

Windows doesnt work like Linux you cant "build"

software sometimes/?

enlighten me, huh?

Ed

An Unattended WindowXP Professional CD is, and I quote from the Unattended Guide in the following:

How to Create AN Unnatended CD Guide

Target Audience: HOME USERS - who are taking up a time-consuming process of re-installing Windows, manually installing applications, downloading windows updates, and tweaking their OS to perfection on every format performed.

Difficulty: Requires intermediate experience on Microsoft Windows XP and a basic knowledge of how batch commands function.

And this is why................ :)

OK cool we used to call that a "one shot disk"

Gateway-eMachines-WindowsME, these were supposed to all be 'one shots'!

yeah I can dig it!

of course ME was trouble the minute you tried to load it on a custom system[build your own PC] THis unattended thingy seems like a good idea, cause if your anything

like me. I need reinstalls about every 6 months cause I fool around with my systems

sooo much it's just easier. Seems like if you do this you can cut down a lot of setup time. Wsn't there a program called Ghost that was supposed to do this for ya after you got a system setup--seems like I read something about a Ghost app....?(?)

this is a custom made one. very cool...thanks for letting me get a look

at the concept...I put it on my favourites under custom setups..

Anyhow I guess if we can get ya good driver and figure out where to "plant" it you'll have this behind ya--at any yer somewhat ahead of me..thanks for taking the time to give me a "clue"

ED

:):rolleyes:

I got a good hit on drivers for this thing--you have to scroll down a bit to see it...

http://nl.europe.creative.com/support/drivers/welcome.asp

I found a driver overseas...in germany----nothing on the US site

this looks like a good hit...if the driver works, you should be able to get it to

load on the unattended- the 105 error probably has to do with a HDWR[conflict?] issue

Like I said before just one driver is not always the "right" one. and getting it

to work might take some fudging around. With this one you might have to do it backwards...get it running..take a look at where it installed and then setup your unattended to to place it there, even if you do get a "bang" or an error msg if it works, hey! right!

Dont forget the Registry hacks...sometimes it will foil a reinstall if the regedit isnt done first

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
I got a good hit on drivers for this thing--you have to scroll down a bit to see it...

http://nl.europe.creative.com/support/drivers/welcome.asp

I found a driver overseas...in germany----nothing on the US site

this looks like a good hit...if the driver works, you should be able to get it to

load on the unattended- the 105 error probably has to do with a HDWR[conflict?] issue

Like I said before just one driver is not always the "right" one. and getting it

to work might take some fudging around. With this one you might have to do it backwards...get it running..take a look at where it installed and then setup your unattended to to place it there, even if you do get a "bang" or an error msg if it works, hey! right!

Dont forget the Registry hacks...sometimes it will foil a reinstall if the regedit isnt done first

hope this helps

Looking through the registry and doing all of what you've previously suggested is what we are all trying to avoid. Your suggestion is only a time waster, and should be used only if its the last possible method left.

• 10 months later...

So...there is no way I can silent install my Creative driver for my old live! 5.1 ? :o

If somebody knows how to silent install at least the kx project drivers?

It is impossible to use AutoIt3 because the programmer used pictures instead of buttons for the setup. :realmad: probably...they don't want a silent install without the boring logos....

• 4 weeks later...
Explain that to me would ya

unattended windows

whats the point?

I dont get it---

I dont understand unattended windows unless you have

100 PC to install a custom software on...

ALSO

I found on a

review that said this driver was designed for

NT4/98/95

of course you can prolly install it on what ever

but without the Wizard I dont know if it will work

Windows doesnt work like Linux you cant "build"

software sometimes/?

enlighten me, huh?

Ed

Why do people who don't use certain methods, hardware, or etc. assume there's no point to doing something?

I had some jerk tell me I was a nut because I have 1,160 Gigs of Hard Drive Space

when it's justified for my needs. Just because someone doesn't use something doesn't mean it's not useful for someone else!

Since you asked to be enlightened allow me to give you MY use for this Unattended

Windows XP DVD..

I need DVD for the extra's.

With this guide, you can make HTML turtorials on how to use programs. By taking Snapshots with the Print Screen Button, and making a step by step guide on how to do simple computer task, I have placed these extensive guides on my Unattended DVD...

Along with the programs.

Now I can pass these to family members.

Otay, so what does it do for me? It saves me MAJOR time!

Instead of going to each of their houses to juggle disk and install everything.

They do it themselves without any difficulty.

Instead of spending hours repeating myself on the phone on how to burn a DVD,

they open the guide that has been placed on their desktop. (A shortcut anyway. Guide is placed in Program Files to make it all neater)

Plus it's easier to redo a system with an Unattended DVD rather than the conventional method.

I apperciate you not getting smart in your message. It is easy to put down something you don't like. Alot of people that like Linux will **** window users.

Why do people like windows? The same reason men like women! We are drawn to things that don't work like we expect they should and we can spend the rest of our lives trying to figure them out. It's nature!

Me personally, I can't stand AOL. But seriously what's the point in stiring up a fight over it? I leave AOLers well enough alone.

Unattended has it's advantages.

Linux has it's advantages.

Windows has it's advantages.

And AOL hs it's advantages.

To each their own.