$OEM$--|

|-$1--|

|--Apps

|--Utils

|--User

|--Pictures

|--Drivers

|--Install<--batches

What folder in HFSlip do I put this folder structure? Where does this folder structure go so it is copied to

c:\apps

c:\install

c:\utils

c:\user

c:\drivers

c:\Pictures

Thank you, John :whistle:

If you are using an OEM folder like it says in unattended.msfn.org, you can put the OEM folder structure alongside your source\i386 folder. When run, HFSLIP will simply copy the OEM folder to the sourcess\i386.

Since HFSLIP is a batch file why not just add a command at the end to xcopy the folder

from source to sourcess? It cant be hard...

XCOPY "SOURCE\$OEM$" "SOURCESS\$OEM$" /I /S /E /R /V /K /F /C /H /Y

hi RBCC! HFEXPERT basically functions like OEM ... you may want to refer to these for some additional info: Questions about HFSlip and unattended install & HFEXPERT - Codecs, WIN files, replace apps & inject hives ;)

The link is actually http://www.hfslip.org/advanced.html#a3. ;)

Since HFSLIP is a batch file why not just add a command at the end to xcopy the folder

from source to sourcess? It cant be hard...

XCOPY "SOURCE\$OEM$" "SOURCESS\$OEM$" /I /S /E /R /V /K /F /C /H /Y

This already exists. The entire SOURCE folder is ALWAYS copied to SOURCESS.

The HFEXPERT doesn't work as Tomcat said!!! The only way, is to put a $OEM$ directory in SOURCE directory!!! Is the only way!

No. I think you should read about the many features HFEXPERT has to offer. It works perfectly for me. Follow the above link. :)

The HFEXPERT doesn't work as Tomcat said!!! The only way, is to put a $OEM$ directory in SOURCE directory!!! Is the only way!

No. I think you should read about the many features HFEXPERT has to offer. It works perfectly for me. Follow the above link. :)

It doesn't work as $OEM$ directory do, it works only with ProgramFiles and Windows directory. If you want to create a directory as "Custom" in SystemDrive, you cannot do it with HFEXPERT directory!

Edited by S3pHiroTh

@S3pHiroTh, you mean the root directory of the drive? Yes, I guess that would be a limitation of HFEXPERT. I'm sure it will be added at some point in the future, however.

Yes I mean C:\ (the defaults for most of installations), if you want to create for examples C:\Custom, with HFEXPERT it's impossible. That's all

Support for %SYSTEMDRIVE% may be added at some point but it's not top priority: installing apps can be done from HFSVCPACK and HFGUIRUNONCE. As far as I can see, the only thing you may have to do is remove the paths inside install.cmd (if you're using that).

A variation on LeveL's idea is to create an addon for HFAAO using install.cmd (or whatever you call the batch file) as the installation program, and have a line that goes something like:

xcopy mytools\* "%systemdrive%\mytools" /I /C /Q /Y /H /E

Or whatever path you want off the system drive.

I would recommend Addon Maker for nLite for this, and the batch file is automatically hidden.

Also, and this may be HFSLIP heresy, there's no law against using $OEM$ in the SOURCE, so why duplicate that functionality?

Edited by daddydave