Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

have you been able to install .net 2.0-3.5 in a row from runonceex? I can't install 3.0 after installing 2.0, I have to reboot and then install 3.0 and 3.5. Could not find the reason why...
... Did not work here, even using the merged installer...

I put this to the test only with single installers. What I did:

- I used SNM_mod8_loud.cmd to build single installers of 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1. I could check I forgot to reverse ECHO ON testing setting at the beginning of the file when I uploaded it, and you guys not advising, tsk, tsk; and I could check another bug about langpacks in unusual conditions.

- I take an image of an untouched XP pro SP3.

- I used nlite only to give it some unattendance quickly, nothing more.

- I set installers to run on runonceex

- I used virtual PC 2007 to test.

And surprise!!! It installs smothly. So I found another minor glitches but no the one you claim.

No idea of what is happening to you, but I tend to think is something out of the reach of this script.

I didn't use the loud flavour. I use VMWare instead of VPC. The Windows image is completely up to date (including Windows Installer 4.5) and I just change ProgramFilesDir to another location.

THe very first thing I install is .net 1.1 and then I proceed to install the merged 2.0,3.0,3.5 package. (all using runonceex).

The funny thing is that I have a similar XP x64 image using my own .net installers and they do work in x64 (my installers have the same problem than this .net maker in WP Pro x86).

however... strel, look what I've found...

Windows Installer requiere un reinicio del sistema. Nombre del producto: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2. Versión del producto: 2.2.30729. Idioma del producto: 0. Tipo de reinicio del sistema: 2. Motivo del reinicio: 1.
Producto: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2. Se requiere un reinicio. La instalación o actualización del producto requirió un reinicio para que los cambios surtieran efecto. El reinicio se pospuso.

It could be ok until now, but s***, this could be the problem (when going to install 3.0)

No se encuentra la descripción del Id. de suceso ( 0 ) en el origen ( .NET Runtime ). Es posible que el equipo local no tenga la información de Registro o archivos DLL de mensajes necesarios para mostrar mensajes desde un equipo remoto. Es posible que pueda usar el indicador /AUXSOURCE= para recuperar esta descripción; consulte Ayuda y soporte técnico para obtener más detalles. La siguiente información es parte del suceso: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.573- Config parser error: Error parsing C:\WINDOWS\system32\URTTemp\config\machine.config

Parser returned error 0x80070003.

... THe very first thing I install is .net 1.1 and then I proceed to install the merged 2.0,3.0,3.5 package. (all using runonceex)...

Reread post #1. You can't install 1.1 and 3.# without rebooting after installing 1.1. To install both without rebooting you have to install 1.1 last. You can do that with merged installer, but you have to build it to include all the frameworks, including 1.1.

Edited by strel

... THe very first thing I install is .net 1.1 and then I proceed to install the merged 2.0,3.0,3.5 package. (all using runonceex)...

Reread post #1. You can't install 1.1 and 3.# without rebooting after installing 1.1. To install both without rebooting you have to install 1.1 last. You can do that with merged installer, but you have to build it to include all the frameworks, including 1.1.

You got me :thumbup

I read about that some time ago and forgot about it hehe. It seems to be working, thank you!

You got me :thumbup

I read about that some time ago and forgot about it hehe. It seems to be working, thank you!

Glad you got it sorted out m8 :D

Stoner81.

I have a couple of computers running Win2k, and I have been using this excellent script to create a combined installer for 1.1 (with SP1 and other fixes) and 2.0SP1, which I then use with HFSLIP.

All is fine, but I still have to manually apply NDP20SP1-KB947748-x86.exe (2.0SP1 version of NDP1.1SP1-KB947742-x86.exe, MS08-052) to have the latest gdiplus.dll put in place also for 2.0SP1, so that I can keep Windows Update and MBSA content.

I understand, that when Tomcat made the original script, there were no updates for 2.0SP1, so he used an assumed naming convention for what support was built for them, and the script does not anticipate any updates beginning with a name such as NDP20SP1*. Also, from looking at the script I see that KB947742 has a specific hardcoded extraction command under 1.1, and a similar one might need to be adopted for KB947748 under 2.0SP1. However, I have not looked at the issue any deeper than that.

So, I wonder if there might be any interest among those, who better know how things like this should be done, to see if KB947748 support could easily be added for 2.0SP1. If the interest is limited, I would appreciate a tip or two just in case I might feel bold enough to experiment on my own (never done scripts like this).

I've done a major update of Silent .NET Maker synthesized script to support these request and other features. The new script make things a bit different than Tomcat76's. Since Tomcat76 is dissapeared, I decided to put it in a new thread to make it more visible, better keep tracking of it, and for easiness publishing updates of script and guide.

You can find it here:

Silent .NET Maker synthesized

Edited by strel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I understand however I have tried (I use hfslip) and it always fails using silent .net maker I don't know why

the file I am currently using is netfxaio.exe I got it on that thread I guess someone 7zipped it and created a self extracting exe but im not really sure how to do it

that being said

the file its 232mb unpacked and zipped it is 50 mb I dont know how to compress it that much either.

check your windows update theres a new update via windows update released on january 27 2009

it is kb article 951847 it is 248 or 242 mb

This is the one for X64 the X32 version is the same it is a little smaller however

I only have x64 on this laptop I don't have an 32bit windows here or VM of one I have it on my other machine.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x64
Date last published: 1/27/2009
Download size: 267.9 MB
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing updates to the .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 subcomponents. The .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update provides important application compatibility updates.
System Requirements
Recommended CPU: Not specified.
Recommended memory: Not specified.
Recommended hard disk space: 5820 MB
How to Uninstall
This software update can be removed via Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Get help and support
http://support.microsoft.com
More information

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=133335

Edited by anthonyaudi

• 1 month later...

Your description says that it is supported for Windows 2003 Server. However when I execute SNMsynth.cmd

I receive an error message that says

ERROR: This script is only for using under windows 2000/XP/2003. Press any key to continue.

When I press a key, it exits.

I am trying to make a Windows2003 Server Small footprint os with the frameworks for loading in Virtual PC.

I have the files for the framework that I need downloaded, along with 7z and the silent .net maker.

It looks like this will do exactly what I need. I am wishing to load this with nlite.

I looked through the forum, but if the answer is already there, I have missed it.

Could someone please point me to a solution?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Karen