Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

"NET.exe /quiet /norestart /lang:DEU" will result in an unsuccessful installation.

Have you tried without /quiet? Had the system connection at that time?

I also noticed that IE7 won't work if you install .NET after IE7 and does not reboot after IE7 installation. installing .NET before IE7 without rebooting between works perfectly.

Interesting.

Edited by strel

Yes, strel, at time of my testings, windows was installed completely attended (orig. XPSP2 CD, restart, then SP3, restart, then all drivers, restart, then .NET). I've tried installing .NET with working internet connection with /quiet /norollback /norestart /lang:DEU and the installation was not successful (neither Control Panel > Software nor Microsoft Update nor the .NET3.5SP1 installer itself was able to find a .NET 3.5SP1 installation on my system). Then i tried /norollback /norestart /lang:DEU and i got the same result (the setup doesnt show any error but nothing was installed, setup finished to early).

I also tried an attended installation with /norollback and also /lang only, same result. Also /lang:ENU only was not working.

The internet connection was always available since i was browsing on a second computer while the first was installing .NET :)

Regarding your last postings i still will test installing it without internet to see if and which components are downloaded by the .net installer. will report here ;)

I have updated SNM Synthesized in post #279 script to version 7 to correct some bugs I dropped in my previous update, and add cosmetic changes.

Hope you enjoy. :thumbup

Hi Strel.

Using your latest SNM_mod7 with only "dotnetfx35.exe" (SP1 231 MB) and "_SNM.ini" set to MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=FULL just expands "dotnetfx35.exe" and makes this error message with no output file created at all.

-----------------------------------------------------

Processing .NET installer...

Creating merged .NET 1.1 , , and installer...

Done!

Press any key to quit...

Any ideas? It worked with earlier mod4, 5 and 6.

... during the creation it gave an error saying that a file could not be found ...
What file could not be found? Is it the file 7za.exe?

If it is, then you have to download Tomcat76's original script: http://users.telenet.be/tc76/pool/20080603/SNM.zip

Unzip it to the same folder as the one you have all the other files in, and run strel's SNM_mod5.cmd again. Strel decided not to include this file in his package, but as far as I know, you will need it together with all the other files in SNM_mod5.zip.

When I use this script for creating the danish DNF_full.exe, I run SNM_mod5.cmd, with these files in the folder:

7za.exe

7zSD.sfx

dotnetfx.exe

dotnetfx35.exe

dotnetfx35langpack_x86da.exe

langpack.exe

NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe

SNM_mod5.cmd

_SNM.ini (modified to MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=FULL)

And it gave me: DNF_all.exe (55,3 MB)

This danish version works with all versions and languagepacks installed correctly under Add / Remove Programs - even the languagepack for 3.5 gets installed correctly.

... I tested the installer on my desktop to test it and it installed no problem at all except it did not install v1.0 + service packs ...
It might have been my fault, that you are confused :D You will not see 1.0 in Add / Remove Programs, but you should see 1.1.
... Anyway i hope you can help me on this one and thank you so much for your hard work in the creation of this wonderful script! ...
Sorry, but I will not take credit for this script - thank Tomcat76 for it, and strel for the recent modification. But I hope my reply will help you with their awesome script!

Ok guys thanks for your help I will remake it from scratch and I will re download all the needed files just in case mine are corrupted or something and then I will report back on how things have gone.. thanks again guys!

Stoner81.

Right its official!!!! Im pulling my hair out with this!!!!! *cries*

I have now done the following....

1. Downloaded the needed .NET v1.x files needed including the two the updates.

2. Downloaded the needed .NET v3.5 full (231mb version that has the service pack in it)

3. Downloaded the script from post 1.

4. Downloaded strel's remade SNM_mod7.cmd script and and files.

I have not got .NET v2 since its included with the 231mb v3.

Ok so here is what I have then proceeded to do....

1. I have not modified the SNM.ini answer file just to keep things simple.

2. I ran the SNM_mod7.cmd script to create the installers as shown in strel's post.

This ONLY created a silent installer for v1 of the .NET Framework and not the others even though they are there and have not be renamed or anything (I followed the instructions to the letter) the script ran smoothly with no errors saying a file was missing or anything at all so I have not got a clue!!!

Please help!!!!

Stoner81

Have you installed .NET 2.0 previous to start the building process?

I have all the .NET Framework installed on my system thats running the script m8 including the service packs and all the latest updates from MS I dunno what other info to give you m8 :( sorry dude....

Stoner81

...Using your latest SNM_mod7 with only "dotnetfx35.exe" (SP1 231 MB) and "_SNM.ini" set to MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=FULL just expands "dotnetfx35.exe" and makes this error message with no output file created at all.

Done!

Press any key to quit...

I pretty suggest you to use SNM_mod5 for your purposes since I don't release the new update I'm working on.

...Using your latest SNM_mod7 with only "dotnetfx35.exe" (SP1 231 MB) and "_SNM.ini" set to MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=FULL just expands "dotnetfx35.exe" and makes this error message with no output file created at all.

Done!

Press any key to quit...

I pretty suggest you to use SNM_mod5 for your purposes since I don't release the new update I'm working on.

where is this version then m8y?

I recreated exactly your steps but the builiding process is working well. It created DNF35sp1.exe, DNF30SP2.exe, DNF20SP2.exe, and DNF11.exe smothly.

To be sure we both are using SNM_mod7.cmd with "date modified" 2008/12/13 02:35 isn't it?

No idea of where is your problem. But I tend to think it is something in your system.

I recreated exactly your steps but the builiding process is working well. It created DNF35sp1.exe, DNF30SP2.exe, DNF20SP2.exe, and DNF11.exe smothly.

To be sure we both are using SNM_mod7.cmd with "date modified" 2008/12/13 02:35 isn't it?

No idea of where is your problem. But I tend to think it is something in your system.

Yes I am using SNM_mod7 with that time stamp (date modified) so i have no idea!!! Cud it be spyware or a virus in my system or something? or possibly im running too much at once (MSN, Firefox while making them) I totally at a loss!!!!

Stoner81.

It's clear you reached the compression area. Compressing installers is a CPU and specially memory consuming process. If you were consuming all memory the process should extend hours, it would be strange if this would be the cause. Although try COMPRESSION_RATIO=LOW in _SNM.ini. And if this doesn't work edit this line of SNM_mod7.cmd:

IF "%COMPRESSION_RATIO%"=="LOW" SET MEMPARAM=-mx=7

and where says mx=7 put mx=1 and try again. This means just packaging, no compression.

It's clear you reached the compression area. Compressing installers is a CPU and specially memory consuming process. If you were consuming all memory the process should extend hours, it would be strange if this would be the cause. Although try COMPRESSION_RATIO=LOW in _SNM.ini. And if this doesn't work edit this line of SNM_mod7.cmd:

IF "%COMPRESSION_RATIO%"=="LOW" SET MEMPARAM=-mx=7

and where says mx=7 put mx=1 and try again. This means just packaging, no compression.

Ok will try that but I have also now tested it with the original SNM.cmd file found in post 1 and it runs fine just says that it cant find a file in 3.5 which we already know about so I know that my system can handle the compression here are my specs;

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz

GPU - GeForce 8400M GS 256MB

RAM - 2GB DDR2

This should be ok since it has worked before but I will try what you have suggested m8 and report back!

Thanks for all your help m8 very much appreciated!

Stoner81.

EDIT!

Tried the COMPRESSION and it still did it m8

Edited by Stoner81