Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

buddies...m a newbee...

i have downloaded these many files from microsoft site.....

Filename Size

dotnetredis 1.0t.exe 19.70 MB

dotnetfx_1.1.exe 23.14 MB

NDP1.1sp1.exe 10.21 MB

dotnetfx 2.0.exe 22.42 MB

NetFx20SP1_x86.exe 23.61 MB

dotnetfx3.exe 50.33 MB

NetFx30SP1_x86.exe 25.04 MB

dotnetfx35.exe 197.12 MB

dotnetfx35_SP1.exe 231.50 MB

now, needed 2 know, wot all i need 2 install and in wot manner..and how SNM will help me out....

urgent pals...

thanx

angel

...now, needed 2 know, wot all i need 2 install and in wot manner..and how SNM will help me out...
SNM can build to you switchless full silent or only unattended installers with language packs and updates included, individual for each framework or merged; giving you a lot of flexibility for your setup, in a transparent manner.

Read carefully post #279.

...I used the instructions from post #329 and tested on clean install. I installed DNF11_el.exe, DNF20_el.exe and then restarted and installed the DNF30_el.exe, DNF35_el.exe.

Have you used .NET 3.5 SP1 and 3.5 SP1 langpack or have you used .NET 3.5 and 3.5 langpack?

Note both set of files have the same filenames.

...I used the instructions from post #329 and tested on clean install. I installed DNF11_el.exe, DNF20_el.exe and then restarted and installed the DNF30_el.exe, DNF35_el.exe.

Have you used .NET 3.5 SP1 and 3.5 SP1 langpack or have you used .NET 3.5 and 3.5 langpack?

Note both set of files have the same filenames.

I think it is SP1 because I followed your link

buddies,,,when i installed 3.5 sp1 directly without any .net

and checked out the prog installed,,, i could c, 2.0 sp2, 3.0 sp2 and 3.5 sp1 installed...

so do i have 2 install the 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 original also or not???

and...pal.s..

if i m understanding it right, then i wont need the 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 files and all their updates.....

as 3.5 sp1 installs all of them....

and wot about 1.0 and 1.1 install files???

thanx

angel

If you want latest versions of 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5, they are embeded in .NET 3.5 SP1 full redist (.NET 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2), only need this.

For latest versions of 1.1 you have to download 1.1 and all it's updates.

For latest versions of 1.1 you have to download 1.1 and all its updates (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe NDP1.1sp1-KB947742-X86.exe). 1.0 is outdated and not supported by SNM nor SNM Synthesized hence.

I thought that if you want latest versions of 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 for win XP/2K3 (not for win 2K), they are embeded in .NET 3.5 SP1 full redist (.NET 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2), and only needed this.

EDIT: Forget what I wrote about KB953595, it's included in 3.5 SP1 full redistributable, hence in the installers obtained with SNM.

Edited by strel

... You don't have to change the language since this package includes everything up to .NET 3.5 SP1 including all languages. You dont have to download the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 - Language Pack. This is already included in the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 - Redistributable Package!...

I don't think so.

To install .NET unattended i used
dotnetfx35.exe /quiet /norestart

and it works perfectly. after some reboots initiated by my unattended setup everything including NET 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 is installed, also Microsoft Update recognizes it. Each version uses the latest Service Pack including the Language Pack for each version! After installing on vanilla WinXP SP3 you'll have the following .NET Frameworks installed:

• .NET Framework 2.0 SP2
  • .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 - Language Pack
  • .NET Framework 3.0 SP2
  • .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 - Language Pack
  • .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
  • .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 - Language Pack

I think dotnetfx35.exe downloads from MS the language language files you need depending on your own system language, and installs it. This applies to the other examples you give. Even the updates-disabled one, the installer doesn't use win/ms update system, it connects directly.

EDIT 2: I've extracted both, the NETFX35SP1 and NETFX35SP1LangPack. The Langpack is ONLY the Lang Pack but the Full Package is a fixed release with at least all patches but all supporting tools.

Where did you find the language files in the extracted .NET 3.5 SP1 redistributable?

Using your method dotnetfx35.exe is a monster of 231 MB to include in your source, and needs to download language files depending on your system language while the installers obtained by this method are bellow 70 MB all the set. You can use too other unattended installers .NET installers not obtained with SNM method, there are various examples on the web, but lacks language packs, or only has it for one language or are not completely updated, or doesn't fit for win2k or win2k3. SNM handle with this issues.

... You don't have to change the language since this package includes everything up to .NET 3.5 SP1 including all languages. You dont have to download the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 - Language Pack. This is already included in the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 - Redistributable Package!...

I don't think so.

We will see ;)
To install .NET unattended i used
dotnetfx35.exe /quiet /norestart

and it works perfectly. after some reboots initiated by my unattended setup everything including NET 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 is installed, also Microsoft Update recognizes it. Each version uses the latest Service Pack including the Language Pack for each version! After installing on vanilla WinXP SP3 you'll have the following .NET Frameworks installed:

• .NET Framework 2.0 SP2
  • .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 - Language Pack
  • .NET Framework 3.0 SP2
  • .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 - Language Pack
  • .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
  • .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 - Language Pack

I think dotnetfx35.exe downloads from MS the language language files you need depending on your own system language, and installs it. This applies to the other examples you give. Even the updates-disabled one, the installer doesn't use win/ms update system, it connects directly.

right but only if the files are not available where expected.
EDIT 2: I've extracted both, the NETFX35SP1 and NETFX35SP1LangPack. The Langpack is ONLY the Lang Pack but the Full Package is a fixed release with at least all patches but all supporting tools.

Where did you find the language files in the extracted .NET 3.5 SP1 redistributable?

Here we go :)

1) Start > Run > dotnetfx35.exe /?

2) Open C:\ and look for a directory called like d7a826619cc540b9c1e1855266669e38, you probably will find two. one of them doesn't contain sub-directories but instead of that, eula and other files are available for all supported languages. first prove!

3) Now open the C:\d7a826619cc540b9c1e1855266669e38\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFX35\x86\ directory and run the netfx35_x86.exe with /? switch. Another directory is created in C:\

4) Inside of that dir you'll find vs_setup.cab, open that file with winzip or any other decompressor. Also in this file localization is present. second prove! and this is the 3.5 SP1 installer!

5) Open C:\d7a826619cc540b9c1e1855266669e38\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFX20\clr.msp with WinRAR (WinZIP does not work!), also here localization is done. third prove!

Using your method dotnetfx35.exe is a monster of 231 MB to include in your source, and needs to download language files depending on your system language while the installers obtained by this method are bellow 70 MB all the set. You can use too other unattended installers .NET installers not obtained with SNM method, there are various examples on the web, but lacks language packs, or only has it for one language or are not completely updated, or doesn't fit for win2k or win2k3. SNM handle with this issues.
Right but after installing it everything with .NET is fine, no other Patches or Lang Packs and since im installing everything over LAN i don't care about size. 100 Mbps would be to slow, right, so im using 1 Gbps. netgear got good 5-/8-port switches. Edited by an3k

...2) Open C:\ and look for a directory called like d7a826619cc540b9c1e1855266669e38, you probably will find two. one of them doesn't contain sub-directories but instead of that, eula and other files are available for all supported languages. first prove!

3) Now open the C:\d7a826619cc540b9c1e1855266669e38\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFX35\x86\ directory and run the netfx35_x86.exe with /? switch. Another directory is created in C:\

4) Inside of that dir you'll find vs_setup.cab, open that file with winzip or any other decompressor. Also in this file localization is present. second prove! and this is the 3.5 SP1 installer!

5) Open C:\d7a826619cc540b9c1e1855266669e38\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFX20\clr.msp with WinRAR (WinZIP does not work!), also here localization is done. third prove!

This doesn't probe anything more than 3.5 SP1 redist has "some slight" localization.

... Right but after installing it everything with .NET is fine, no other Patches or Lang Packs...

What do you mean?

FIREPROOF: Disconnect your 100 MB/s connection and type dotnetfx35.exe /lang:DEU. Installation will hang at download time. What else?

FIREPROOF: Disconnect your 100 MB/s connection and type dotnetfx35.exe /lang:DEU. Installation will hang at download time. What else?
Specifying a language will abort/crash the setup also like using the /norollback switch. The Redist Package will install the same language as the system is in but if this lang is not supported english will be installed.

we cannot test the /lang switch until microsoft releases a fixed installer, i dont know if they will - setup is working, attended and unattended.

but what we can do is unconnecting the network cable shortly before the setup of .netfx 3.5 sp1 starts. i'll do that after i've written a short Windows Components Reference :)

Specifying a language will abort/crash the setup also like using the /norollback switch. The Redist Package will install the same language as the system is in but if this lang is not supported english will be installed...

I meant the system waits for a download to continue, the language files obviously, not an intalling crash.

Specifying a language will abort/crash the setup also like using the /norollback switch. The Redist Package will install the same language as the system is in but if this lang is not supported english will be installed...

I meant the system waits for a download to continue, the language files obviously, not an intalling crash.

I know what you meant, this is the intention of the switches but the Redistributable Package is somehow broken and using the switches /norollback or /lang will abort or crash the setup. i already tested that under same conditions. i'm using an unattended windows setup written completely by myself (no nlite or something). cmdlines.txt executes %CDROM%\$OEM$\RunOnceEx.cmd which will load T:\RunOnceEx1.cmd (network drive) and then shutdown -r -t 180. everything gets installed and configured like in a fully attended setup. at the next reboot applications will be installed, at first .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Redist Package (note its a slipstreamed SP3).

If setup of .NET was not successful i modified the command line of it and rebooted the pc again from CD so ONLY the switches of the setup are changed, nothing else. using "NET.exe /quiet /norestart" works perfectly while command lines like "NET.exe /quiet /norollback /norestart" or "NET.exe /quiet /norestart /lang:DEU" will result in an unsuccessful installation.

I also noticed that IE7 won't work if you install .NET after IE7 and does not reboot after IE7 installation. installing .NET before IE7 without rebooting between works perfectly.

Edited by an3k