Silent .NET Maker (latest update: 20080603)

Tomcat76

I use SNM_mod6 but after installation in windows update it keep shows that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: Language Pack x86 (KB928416) needs to be install.

When I install with WU it fails the installation.

Any Ideas?

I don't know why this happens only to some few people but it is not related in any way with SNM.

Here you can find possible factors and workarounds, although slightly practical for unattended purposes.

Edited by strel

Stoner, i think your current installation of .NET on the computer you're trying to build the Silent .NET Installer. For me, on two computers, the SNM_7.cmd works perfectly.

One try: Uninstall .NET completely and reinstall it using the files you've downloaded (run dosnetfx35.exe (231 MB) first, then 35langpack, then 1.1 > sp1 > update > langpack). then try building a Silent Installer again.

If the new installer doesn't work then there is something really broken on your pc. can you try on a different or reinstall on one?

Thank you for your suggestion on this situation buddy much appreciated!

@ strel -

Thank you for your hardwork on this new version of the script (SNM_mod8.cmd) I have downloaded it and will be testing it later on tonight and i will report back on how things go with it!!

Thanks again dude!!!

Stoner81.

I'd wait, I'm just finishing next major (and I hope denitive) version. I will publish it soon. If you search bugs in SNM_mod8 you can find one if dotnetfx35langpack_x86*.exe is present in the work folder but not marked to process in the .ini file, in some cases it could be problems.

I dont use any language packs at all m8 i only use the installers plus updates since my language is English :)

Thanks tho for the info im goin home shortly where i have no internet access so i will be running SNM_mod8.cmd and seeing how it goes with what im after and then i will report back to you m8 to say how its gone (good or bad :D )

Hope this helps you m8 to improve the script and such... thank you for your hard work buddy!

Stoner81.

Guest noonehere

have you been able to install .net 2.0-3.5 in a row from runonceex? I can't install 3.0 after installing 2.0, I have to reboot and then install 3.0 and 3.5. Could not find the reason why...

have you been able to install .net 2.0-3.5 in a row from runonceex? I can't install 3.0 after installing 2.0, I have to reboot and then install 3.0 and 3.5. Could not find the reason why...

Merge them all together using strel's modified script and this wil solve this problem.

I dont use any language packs at all m8 i only use the installers plus updates since my language is English :)

Thanks tho for the info im goin home shortly where i have no internet access so i will be running SNM_mod8.cmd and seeing how it goes with what im after and then i will report back to you m8 to say how its gone (good or bad :D )

Hope this helps you m8 to improve the script and such... thank you for your hard work buddy!

Stoner81.

Ok strel its me again :D had no problems with SNM_mod8.cmd at all m8 save the minor niggle of the name of the merged installer which dont matter to much since you can just rename it :D

Attatched is a screen cap of how the cmd prompt window looked after it had finished.

post-196854-1229960521_thumb.jpg

Merge them all together using strel's modified script and this wil solve this problem.

Did not work here, even using the merged installer

My INI file:

; SNM.CMD default configuration settings. "YES" means "if it exists".

; PROCESS MAIN PACKAGES

PROCESS_DNF1=YES
PROCESS_DNF2=YES
PROCESS_DNF3=YES
PROCESS_DNF35=YES

; HANDLING OF INDIVIDUAL FRAMEWORKS IN .NET 3.5

PROCESS_DNF35_DNF2=SEPARATE
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF3=SEPARATE
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF35=YES

; PROCESS SUBCOMPONENTS OF .NET 3.0 SP1

PROCESS_DNF3_RGBRAST=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_WINIMAGING=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_MSXML6=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_XMLPSSC=YES

; PROCESS LANGUAGE PACKS

LANGPACK1_NAME=langpack.exe
PROCESS_DNF1_LNG=YES
PROCESS_DNF2_LNG=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_LNG=YES
PROCESS_DNF35_LNG=YES

; SPECIAL
; Set MERGE_FRAMEWORKS to 12 to merge .NET 1.1 with .NET 2.0 SP1.
; Set MERGE_FRAMEWORKS to FULL to make a single complete package.
; If the temporary file appears to not go up in size anymore after several minutes,
; decrease the compression ratio. Accepted values: MED and LOW. Try MED first.

MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=FULL
COMPRESSION_RATIO=

Did not work here, even using the merged installer

My INI file:

; SNM.CMD default configuration settings. "YES" means "if it exists".

; PROCESS MAIN PACKAGES

PROCESS_DNF1=YES
PROCESS_DNF2=YES
PROCESS_DNF3=YES
PROCESS_DNF35=YES

; HANDLING OF INDIVIDUAL FRAMEWORKS IN .NET 3.5

PROCESS_DNF35_DNF2=SEPARATE
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF3=SEPARATE
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF35=YES

; PROCESS SUBCOMPONENTS OF .NET 3.0 SP1

PROCESS_DNF3_RGBRAST=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_WINIMAGING=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_MSXML6=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_XMLPSSC=YES

; PROCESS LANGUAGE PACKS

LANGPACK1_NAME=langpack.exe
PROCESS_DNF1_LNG=YES
PROCESS_DNF2_LNG=YES
PROCESS_DNF3_LNG=YES
PROCESS_DNF35_LNG=YES

; SPECIAL
; Set MERGE_FRAMEWORKS to 12 to merge .NET 1.1 with .NET 2.0 SP1.
; Set MERGE_FRAMEWORKS to FULL to make a single complete package.
; If the temporary file appears to not go up in size anymore after several minutes,
; decrease the compression ratio. Accepted values: MED and LOW. Try MED first.

MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=FULL
COMPRESSION_RATIO=

Are you using SNM_mod8.cmd that strel has made to do it? and do you have v2.0 already installed otherwise it wont work. What errors messages do you get?

Are you using SNM_mod8.cmd that strel has made to do it? and do you have v2.0 already installed otherwise it wont work. What errors messages do you get?

Yes, I do (strel's cmd).

Version 2.0 is installed on the machine that makes the installer. I'm trying to install from 2.0SP2 to 3.5SP1 on a clean XP installation.

Are you saying that I do must install .net 2.0 (plain) and then, 2.0SP2 and the rest of the files?

I did not get any error message using that package, I will pass /lv %SystemDrive%\dotnet.log to the installer and check the log.

Yes, I do (strel's cmd).

Version 2.0 is installed on the machine that makes the installer. I'm trying to install from 2.0SP2 to 3.5SP1 on a clean XP installation.

Are you saying that I do must install .net 2.0 (plain) and then, 2.0SP2 and the rest of the files?

I did not get any error message using that package, I will pass /lv %SystemDrive%\dotnet.log to the installer and check the log.

Hang on a sec... you say you are trying to install from 2.0 SP2 to 3.5 SP1 on a clean install?

3.5 SP1 (231MB) contains 2.0 plus service packs so from what you are saying you cud just run the installer to install it as it is from MS however thats not what you are after..

on the system you are trying to create the merged installer i suggest the following;

1. Have all the versions of the .NET Framework installed just in case using windows update (I did :D )

2. Have you followed the instructions in the first post correctly, sometimes its the smallest things that cause the biggest problems.

3. Have you got all the needed files for the merged installer you are making (see 2)

Beyond that m8 im out of ideas really since im not too familiar with scripting but I'll do my best for you!