Vistapack, 1.6.0 Released

damian666

@squeeto, hi man, good to see you dude...

long time huh, well thanx for the bugreport and the images, i thought i had that bug squashed...

i had that error myself in the beginning, thats why i cut down on the avi size in shell32...

but it seems that is not enough huh, that poses a problem then. f***!!!

oh squeeto, have time to work with me once more?

would be great dude... let me know, pm me

@wildbill, thanx for the update man, checking it rightaway...

ps. i just got the first update and now you got another one!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Damian, congratulations on producing a top class software package.

Installed 1.4.1.0 this afternoon and the reloader kept complaining about three files not loaded? This repeated after several reboots so after a bit of tinkering I finally went back to the reloader update you put out with 1.3.0 which solved the problem.

True does not auto start so I made a shortcut and put it in my Startup Folder it keeps making File Explorer error at odd times and just out of interest it does not skin aMSN and the Title Bar is gone, other than that it is a lot better than ShellWM. Also True does not screw up the video when playing a DVD and going from a window to full screen ShellWM would make a right mess of things doing this, but if you maximise the window the video drops out, I use Media Player Classic.

Many thanks for keeping Win2k going it might be old but its the best and now it has a modern look, Vista is back on the shelf.

Regards. Steven.

Hello!!!

I tried the 1.3.0 and the 1.4.0, I ALWAYS use the UNATTENDED PATCH.

I got these problems :

On the 1.3.0 the file CALC.EX_ is patched (and it's ok). The problems is that the file CTFMON.EX_ (i don't know why) is replaced by CALC :blink: :blink: . EXACTLY, the FileName is always CTFMON.EX_ but really it is CALC.EX_.

And so, when Windows Starts, IE starts, they load CTFMON.EXE, and the CALCULATOR appear. :wacko: :wacko:

One the 1.4.0 i got the same problem of CTFMON.EX_ (as CALC.EX_), plus another : the file SHELL32.DLL is NOT patched. Also the CONTROL PANEL got the "old" icons.

I didn't tried the new 1.4.1 yet.

But I tell you this because on the FIX LIST there are no problems like these.

Thanks!!!

@ Gillen, could you please send me those files? That way i can see whats wrong, and maybe you could reinstall it with the debug mode?

then send me the debug file and the reshacker logs please...

@aquax, which os do you use? 2000 or xp? and thanx for the report man, i did nt think people used that option, so its a bit behind.

But now i know that there are people using that, i will get more active on it!!

Espaccialy the ctfmon and calc are a weird thing, i think its a typo i the installment script.

Next version will include debug for that iso option to, so we would get that fixed though.

thanx guys, for your support and report!!

damian666

Excuse me damian666, i forgot to tell you the OS.

Well, I tried the UNATTENDED way for XP (1.3.0 and 1.4.0), because I always make my cd with nLite, and before burn I update all files with your great Vistapack :thumbup

But as I said before, after the patching process I must replace CTFMON.EX_ with the original one, and then burn the cd.

Hi damian666,

before you re-build your great software I wanna tell you this thing:

- The SPLASH SCREEN of OUTLOOK EXPRESS is NOT show anymore when OE starts. :rolleyes:

And I wanna ask you this, is hard to update the Outlook Express Folders icons???? And, is hard to update the InfraRed icon???

Because they were never changed by any software like Xpize, Energize, Your VistaPack...

Thnx!!! :hello:

Iso option for xp fixed now, it works like a charm now.

still waiting for those files from gillen to check them.

i will look at that splash screen too, but where the hell is that found?

and thos eother icons?

i dont know man, would be great if you told me.

its a big enough job as it is :whistle:

damian666

You did a GREAT job damian666!!!

I didn't tried the new version yet.

I only told you about the Outlook Express SPLASH SCREEN because when I tried the other software, Energize, it updated the splash screen.

The Icons inside Outlook Express I mean are these :

oevo6.png

can you update them with a new vista syle??? :thumbup :thumbup

Hi Damian666,

Sorry to have taken my time getting back to you but rather than give information that might be wrong I decieded to reformat and install Win2ksp4 clean with only my drivers and the August 07 version of DirectX. I turned off SFP and installed 1.4.1 with no errors this time. I have the debug file but will not post unless you want it. By the way true turned out to be very buggy so I did not install it this time it needs a bit more work. Thank you again for a top class software package

Regards. Steven.

Hello!!!

I tried the 1.3.0 and the 1.4.0, I ALWAYS use the UNATTENDED PATCH.

I got these problems :

On the 1.3.0 the file CALC.EX_ is patched (and it's ok). The problems is that the file CTFMON.EX_ (i don't know why) is replaced by CALC :blink: :blink: . EXACTLY, the FileName is always CTFMON.EX_ but really it is CALC.EX_.

And so, when Windows Starts, IE starts, they load CTFMON.EXE, and the CALCULATOR appear. :wacko: :wacko:

One the 1.4.0 i got the same problem of CTFMON.EX_ (as CALC.EX_), plus another : the file SHELL32.DLL is NOT patched. Also the CONTROL PANEL got the "old" icons.

I didn't tried the new 1.4.1 yet.

But I tell you this because on the FIX LIST there are no problems like these.

Thanks!!!

i get the exact same thing even with 1.4.1 using unattended patch, english, xpsp2, latest updates, amd 3800x2 i am also getting some more errors in this latest version i will post back with screens soon