IE7 Integration fails with hfslip 1.2.2

gokalp

I don't think wpa.dbl matters, activated or not, in a corporate product key because it doesn't require activation... but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be long before HFSLIP can actually slipstream IE7, and not just integrate it or install it at RunOnce... :)

@gokalp

HFSLIP doesn't do anything extra if you allow it to be installed from SVCPACK. It is "just installed." I wish I had the time to work around any problem with the installer but unfortunately I don't.

It's been a long time since I used WINNT.SIF so I'm not sure which part of it could break IE7 installation. First try with removing these entries:

AutomaticUpdates = "Yes"

ProductKey = "*****-*****-*****-*****-*****"

If that doesn't help, try without WINNT.SIF altogether.

IE7 integration is really quite problematic, maybe because of us, HFSLIP users, having different types if Windows XP (Corporate, OEM, Retail, etc, etc, etc... :) )
Haha... "etc, etc, etc..." :)

I gave up on integrating it, instead i did an ultra compression with 7zip and wrote my own silent installer.

I just obtained anther corp cd, ima test it out with that and let you know.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

hmmm just a suggestion, maybe u can try remove the slipstreaming of WMP11 and KB898543. Yeah it would probably ruin the WMP11 + IE7 plan, nothing is perfect.

Just another suggestion, u probably should unplug ur LAN cable or anything that connects u to the internet. It solves some of my problems :)

Cheers from a n00b