IE7 Integration fails with hfslip 1.2.2

gokalp

Hi everybody, i have just registered to msfn's forum because i could not find an answer to why i cant get ie7 integrated into windows xp pro.

I have been using hfslip for over a year now and as required here is my log file: (below).

after the process finishes i go into "SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK" and i cant se ie7 nor a reference in the svcpack.ini in "ii386" file. The log shows that it processed it but its just not there.

I have also added my hfanswer.ini file contents too below the log file. As far as atempts are concerned i have spend an entire day with this and also tested it in vmware, but no luck.

Its not like the contents of svcpack fail to install either, only ie7.

So I ask humbly please, please help me get ie7 integrated.

Edit___________________________________________

I couldnt upload it as log file changed to txt file.

Also i followed the instructions to the core. I have the corp version, yes genuine.

HFSLIP.TXT

HFANSWER.INI

Edited by gokalp

hi gokalp! welcome to HFSLIP! :) have you religiously followed the intructions set in Important things to know? to

Internet Explorer 7

The handling of Internet Explorer 7 has changed a few times lately. The current version of HFSLIP has it installed at first GUI logon, or when the Welcome screen first appears. Internet Explorer 7 requires the operating system to be able to identify itself as "legitimate", which, for mainstream versions of Windows, is only possible after the first logon. The downside is that you have to reboot manually afterwards because Internet Explorer requires a reboot after it has been installed. The installation of Internet Explorer 7 also delays the installation of items such as the Windows Desktop, the Address book, and Themes until after the reboot, so you'll notice a plain and simple user interface at first.

For editions of Windows that do not require activation, it is possible to have Internet Explorer 7 installed at T-13; no additional reboot is required in this case. To tell HFSLIP that you'd prefer Internet Explorer 7 to be installed at T-13, specify IE7SVCPACK=1 in HFANSWER.INI, the answer file that is to be placed in HFTOOLS.

is it only when using the latest final (version 1.2.2)? you may try to see if you get something form this thread: IE 7 not installed with hfslip 1.2.0 ... oh btw, you only need to attach you hfslip.log ... not paste it ;) Edited by Kiki Burgh

Yes i followed them. I even tried puting the ie7 file into the svcpack folder, renaming it, Spent a good 6 hours with this. Ima re-rip my source from my cd and try once more. Its getting frustrating.

Thanks for the fast reply, btw, and yes i read that post at least 5 times.

Any ideas?

from your edit:

I have the corp version, yes genuine.
since this is not an OEM that doesn't rely on activation, how about this?
That's right. IE7 can only be installed at T-13 if your version of Windows doesn't rely on activation.
;) you're HFANSWER.ini shows this: IE7SVCPACK=1

... try to see if taking out winnt.sif works?

... and a few more ...

(1) you have double instances of: Windows-KB890830-V1.17.exe & Windows-KB890830-V1.24.exe

(2) HFSLIP.log shows OS in SOURCESS - XP SP2 English, are these not 2K updates: Windows2000-KB920213-x86-ENU.EXE, Windows2000-KB923980-x86-ENU.EXE

(3) i think these files either had already been superceded or unsupported: WindowsXP-KB896422-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB898543-v3-x86-ENU.exe (for Windows XP Starter Edition & is a requirement if slipstreaming WMP11 which you are not doing, right?) :P

Edited by Kiki Burgh

@gokalp

Welcome to the forums! A few minor things I noticed:

Like Kiki said...

(1) You have an extra KB890830-v1.17.

(2) KB920213 and KB923980 are not for Windows XP.

In addition...

(3) WindowsXP-KB898461.exe should be renamed to WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-enu.exe.

(4) modifyPE.exe is no longer needed.

(5) EXTRACT.EXE is only needed if slipstreaming application addons.

Now, aside from that, as far as IE7 is concerned, your file should be copied over into SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK as "IE7_INST.EXE". However, the reason this isn't occurring is that you have your HFANSWER.INI file in the wrong directory. It belongs in HFTOOLS, not the root. Because of this, your installer would instead be cabbed, copied to I386, and installed at first GUI logon (i.e. when the Welcome screen appears). Simply move your file and everything should be fine :).

By the way, the installer still belongs in HF. The HFSVCPACK folder is only for silent switchless installers.

Edit: Correction to (4) above and added (5).

Edited by Super-Magician

Slight problem:

I tested my cd and it doesnt work

ie7 its in the svcpack, but.....ie7 is not installed.

Upon further inspection i removed:

wmfdist95.exe - wmp 9/10

WindowsXP-KB917344-x86-enu.exe - ie6

I hope those fix it. Running another slip session

Ima post my log file after i'm done testing it.

Alright I did the following yet no success at ie7:

-Removed the duplicates, placed hfanswer into the hftools, ie7 is in hf, and now i see the ie7-inst in i386\svcpack. Yet my vmware test fails at installing ie7.

Anymore suggestions?

-I also had tried with the new beta but that didnt work either

HFSLIP.TXT

Edited by gokalp

IE7 integration is really quite problematic, maybe because of us, HFSLIP users, having different types if Windows XP (Corporate, OEM, Retail, etc, etc, etc... :) ) and this activation thing.

anyways, personally, i have always prefer to install IE7 as the last application in my unattended install (RunOnceEx) then run the updates for IE7 on the next reboot. works flawlessly, so far... :)

If your IE7 installer is fine, then try installing without that WINNT.SIF file. If it doesn't work, we may need to look at some additional files, but it shouldn't make a difference there. You said you're using a volume-license source, right? Make sure your CD key is valid too so it activates properly.

If you want, compare your installer's MD5 with that on my list (it's somewhere near the bottom of the topic list right now; will be updated again soon).

My first thought is that you don't slipstream an activated wpa.dbl file. So your installation copy isn't activated when ie7 try to install. The wpa.dbl and the CD key are connected each other, so don't try to use a wpa.dbl file that other computers have because, if you do, windows doesn't start. (sorry for bad english, i don't know some english word) :P