Building a computer

Batch User

I was wondering if somone would help me with building a computer...Such as parts you would recommend...

I'm looking for a computer UP to $3000, and I'm looking for it to have an Intel Core 2 (Duo/Extreme) Processor

I would like a good graphics card (possibly the double GeForce setup)...

It won't be build specifically for gaming -- but will have some gaming

So tell me what your thoughts are on it!!

I'll edit this post as I see what I'm planning on getting....

Currently Planning:

Processor - Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz 4M sharing L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819115001 - $959.99 (Free Shipping)

Motherboard - Intel® Desktop Board D975XBX2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813121060 - $229.99 (Free Shipping)

Total So Far - $1189.98

Why would you put a $1,200 processor on a motherboard worth less then that?

I think the question should be more like "Why would you pay 3000$ for a computer that'll be worth 1500$ next month?"

But yeah, if one's going all-out with high-end parts, why not pick a high-end board too (not that I've even looked at it)... It's not like he's restricting himself much. How about a pair of GeForce 8800 GTX in there too? :lol:

I think the question should be more like "Why would you pay 3000$ for a computer that'll be worth 1500$ next month?"

Next month? How about; When you walk out the door of the shop it’s worth half :P.

Never bought the max, always a step back when it comes to CPUs...

But that ASUS board is cool, I like the display on the back to look at when you sit in frond of your PC ;).