VistaPE

nightman007

can you help me make this project fully legal? :)

I'm really busy with work right now, trying to hit our project goals for the end of the quarter (end of Dec), so I don't have a lot of free time.

I can say though, that BartsPE supplies the plugins (turned off), without the actual binaries. So that people that do have valid licensed software can add their binaries to the plugin, and use it. First step would be to figure out which ones are warez, then remove the binaries. This would make the project 100% legit.

If your app becomes the defacto standard for building WinPE2, then others would no doubt start providing the plugins. I know of at least 3 other WinPE Builder apps in the works (including mine). It will all depend on ease of use and plugins.

I'm really busy with work right now, trying to hit our project goals for the end of the quarter (end of Dec), so I don't have a lot of free time.

It's not problem, late better that never :)

I can say though, that BartsPE supplies the plugins (turned off), without the actual binaries. So that people that do have valid licensed software can add their binaries to the plugin, and use it. First step would be to figure out which ones are warez, then remove the binaries. This would make the project 100% legit.
hm ... version that you can download right now, have only software with GPL and other free licence...
If your app becomes the defacto standard for building WinPE2, then others would no doubt start providing the plugins. I know of at least 3 other WinPE Builder apps in the works (including mine). It will all depend on ease of use and plugins.

I know only 2 projects (BartPE and WinBuilder) which development proceeds. What did I forget?

ALL

I create small english version, you can download it here

readme.txt:

It's small ENGLISH version of VistaPE.

1. Select Microsoft Windows Vista DVD as source

2. Copy Total Commander to "Pojects\VistaPE\App\File Tools\TC"

and select TC script (recommend)

3. Do not try boot iso in VMWare - it's not working for all, try VirtualPC or

real hardware

4. If you need mount any WIM files (install.wim for example), you need install

wimfltr.inf from Tools folder

5. Booting is not fast - wpeinit take 1-2 minute for initializing hardware,