[Release] DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.3

johndoe74

Sorry JD74,

I think It's still doing it only the cmd box is showing on the screen with c:\windows\Daemon\dt4122.exe. And at the same time in my vm window the nic card is showing as communicating the same time as the cmd window for appx. 30 to 60 seconds. When I take the daemon tools out this does not happen, so somewhere it is triggering the net to call home.

Thanks

jd

nobody promised to make dt stop calling home or wherever it is calling. we cannot do that, only the developers of the program can do that and you can do that - by bring offline while installing windows. the least radix and i could do was to prevent the downloaded crapware from installing and spreading so what you're seeing is intentional.

compared to what else could happen if you have a live connection while installing windows, the dt crapware is nothing. you could get infected by viruses, trojans and who knows what else, you could even get hacked as your PC is at its most vulnerable during that time! so try to be offline while installing windows and you won't see any weird stuff happening ;)

Edited by johndoe74

compared to what else could happen if you have a live connection while installing windows, the dt crapware is nothing. you could get infected by viruses, trojans and who knows what else, you could even get hacked as your PC is at its most vulnerable during that time! so try to be offline while installing windows and you won't see any weird stuff happening ;)

Interesting. Some people have direct connection to internet. My cousin have an old PC which don't need to install drivers for ethernet card. He had direct connection to internet (no need to configure, no password). So this guy when install Windows is connected to internet if is not smart enough to unplug the cable.

as a case in point, xpsp2 has a built in firewall, right ? as a rule, shouldn't it have stopped a new/unknown program from connecting to the internet and downloading a second program - SRAI.exe? well it didn't, did it ? and who knows what that program could have downloaded had it been written that way. and that firewall, lousy as it may be at stopping outgoing connections, is even lousier at stopping incoming connections. so always be offline when installing windows

Edited by johndoe74

• 2 weeks later...

updated to v4.12.3. Still using radix's autoit script with a few minor modifications of my own.

starting with v4.12.3, i've changed the addon a bit as in I've split SPTD from the main DaemonTools addon to make updating one or the other easier so please include either the x64 or the x86 SPTD addon when integrating the DaemonTools addon otherwise it won't work. The DaemonTools addon is the same/common now whether you're installing on 32 or 64 bit windows

The SPTD addon installs from SVCPACK and the DaemonTools from RUNONCE so it doesn't matter which addon you add first but you have to add both for it to work as intended

seems that the files "daemon4123-lite.exe" within svcpack does not contain 'daemon4123-lite.exe' but 'daemon4122-lite.exe'.can you confirm.thanks

Edited by Mann

seems that the files "daemon4123-lite.exe" within svcpack does not contain 'daemon4123-lite.exe' but 'daemon4122-lite.exe'.can you confirm.thanks

Ya it's the old version inside (downloaded from esnips).

Note to Windows 2000 users: Use the older 4.10 version, the newer 4.12.3 version doesn't install silently.

The latest version throws up a box asking you to choose a language, almost certainly indicating that the cause is that the autoit script isn't compatible with Win2K.

Note to Windows 2000 users: Use the older 4.10 version, the newer 4.12.3 version doesn't install silently.

The latest version throws up a box asking you to choose a language, almost certainly indicating that the cause is that the autoit script isn't compatible with Win2K.

That window is close instantly by a command in Windows XP. The same thing happened in Win2K or not ?

Edited by radix

That window is close instantly by a command in Windows XP. The same thing happened in Win2K or not ?

Tragically no, it remains open waiting for user input and as I force a reboot (due to installing a heap of stuff via RunOnce) it doesn't install at all.

Tragically no, it remains open waiting for user input and as I force a reboot (due to installing a heap of stuff via RunOnce) it doesn't install at all.

Try to change the Func Adlib on the botom of the script with the next code:

Func _Adlib()
; Please select a language.
If WinExists("DAEMON Tools Lite 4.12.3", "Please select a language.") Then
WinActivate("DAEMON Tools Lite 4.12.3", "Please select a language.")
Send("{ENTER}")
EndIf
EndFunc

Works in Windows XP.