[Release] DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.3

johndoe74

try this addon incorporating the latest changes suggested by radix

I'm afraid it still doesn't work. Is the "dt4123.exe" file supposed to instantly delete itself? When running it manually dt4123.exe vaporizes and then the language selection box appears.

try this addon incorporating the latest changes suggested by radix

I'm afraid it still doesn't work. Is the "dt4123.exe" file supposed to instantly delete itself? When running it manually dt4123.exe vaporizes and then the language selection box appears.

OK. I will install Windows 2000 and see what happens.

dt4123.exe is supposed to delete itself but after the installation is completed, not before! you did include the addon for sptd, right ? cuz the dt addon is built with the understanding that sptd should be installed prior

Edited by johndoe74

dt4123.exe is supposed to delete itself but after the installation is completed, not before! you did include the addon for sptd, right ? cuz the dt addon is built with the understanding that sptd should be installed prior

SPTD is definitely installed, if I run \daemon\dt123.exe and complete the installation manually, Daemon Tools works.

• 2 weeks later...

@johndoe74,radix

In my case DaemonTools tries to install itself in German (my native language) - therefore your AutoIt-script doesn't work, because I think it's expacting english windows :blink:

Maybe you can post your AutoIt source-code so that I can recompile it myself?

Best regards and thanks for your really good work!!!!

cool400 :ph34r:

In my case DaemonTools tries to install itself in German (my native language) - therefore your AutoIt-script doesn't work, because I think it's expacting english windows :blink:

Maybe you can post your AutoIt source-code so that I can recompile it myself?

Link

Edit the Adlib function on the bottom of the script and change/remove the text "Please select a language." from those two lines.

Edited by radix

@radix

Thanks a lot for your work! I will try this out ASAP.

One question: you call daemontools.exe with the paramter "/S", so that it should show no window - how could you capture window-text? Is the window there but only invisible?

And, another question (if there's no silent-switch available): is it possible to prevent ANY window from appearing on the screen? Or maybe simply move it outside the desktop (maybe at position 2000x1500) and capture all clicks there?

I tried to understand how your SFX-file that I downloaded right before (daemontools-4123-lite.exe) works - but with no success yet :blink: I see two files inside: daemon4123-lite.exe and dt4123.exe. When I open this one big file (daemontools-4123-lite.exe) with WinRAR, I see no SFX-comments :blink: :blink: :blink: How is the right file called? Where does the script extracts itself?

What is your secret??? :wacko:

Best regards and thanks a lot

@radix

Thanks a lot for your work! I will try this out ASAP.

One question: you call daemontools.exe with the paramter "/S", so that it should show no window - how could you capture window-text? Is the window there but only invisible?

And, another question (if there's no silent-switch available): is it possible to prevent ANY window from appearing on the screen? Or maybe simply move it outside the desktop (maybe at position 2000x1500) and capture all clicks there?

/S switch in this case is not 100% silent (window with installation language still popup).

That window is not invisible. If appear, the script is ready to click a control (button).

You can move a window that allready exist (visible) on the invisible part of the desktop (minus coordinates probably), but I didn't tried this. ControlClick sometimes need active window to do the job.

So, to move the windows is completely feckless.

Edit: daemontools-4123-lite.exe is the original installer and the other is the compiled file. All stuff is extracted to Temp folder or in another location - it does not matter.

Edited by radix

Thanks for your statement!

But what kind of SFX-archive have you (or better johndo74) built? I can't see no SFX-comments :blink:

And what about

WinSetState ( "anyprogramm.exe", "", @SW_HIDE )

for hiding windows - would this work? Are these windows controlable anymore?

Best regards

Edited by cool400

But what kind of SFX-archive have you (or better johndo74) built? I can't see no SFX-comments :blink:

And what about

WinSetState ( "anyprogramm.exe", "", @SW_HIDE )

for hiding windows - would this work? Are these windows controlable anymore?

If I hide that window, ControlClick doesn't work on it (tested).

Edit

Edited by radix

@radix

Yes, I saw this comment - but normally you have a WinRAR-SFX-comment like this:

Path=%programfiles%\WinRAR
SavePath
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

Is the SFX-comment by johndoe74 encrypted in any way?

I asked this because I can't see which switches are used and which program is called after extracting (now I know that it's dt4123.exe). So if I recompile the AutoIt-script it has to be named dt4123.exe, right?

Best regards

I can't see which switches are used and which program is called after extracting (now I know that it's dt4123.exe). So if I recompile the AutoIt-script it has to be named dt4123.exe, right?

It doesn't matter since you have to build a new sfx archive using WinRAR or 7-Zip.

Just set the compiled file to be executed after extraction. But keep the name of sfx or if you change it, modify the section [AddProgram] in .ini file.

@radix

Not to bother you - I know this, as I'm building WinRAR-SFX-archives for a long time. In the last weeks I've learned how to make a 7Zip-SFX-archive using the modified SFX-module...

But I want to understand! :) I hate it if I don't understand how things happen...

Why can't I see the "normal" SFX-comment like in my own WinRAR-SFX-archives?

And, BTW, which INI-file are you referring to? There are only 2 executables inside the archive (if I remember correctly, I'm not at home right now)!

Regards and thanks for your patience

Why can't I see the "normal" SFX-comment like in my own WinRAR-SFX-archives?

Well, I tell you the secret:

Fire up WinRAR, load your sfx, hit Info button in WinRAR and edit the text how you want, then press OK. :)

And, BTW, which INI-file are you referring to? There are only 2 executables inside the archive (if I remember correctly, I'm not at home right now)!

Entries.ini file, outside SVCPACK directory (I presume that you will create an addon with that sfx.)

Edited by radix

• 3 weeks later...