Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

Could somebody confirm that the 5 hotfixes before Rollup hotfix are not included in the Rollup itself.

Has anybody made a comprehensive list of EXE, DLL etc that are changed by these hotfixes for slipstream purposes.

Thanks.

http://www.voidfx.com/updates/

Okay, I've started with a database... there are only the two hotfixes in the database... for now. I'm going to set up some sort of system for certain people to add to the database, will be building support for multiple OS's and languages, as you no doubt would have noticed.

I also have an XPCREATE field in the db, not sure if I want to show it in the list of updates, or whether to allow it only when wanted. Will work things out later.

Anyways, it's happening, hopefully s*** will be set up by the weekend. Will probably write a prog to auto-download stuff or something.

Fingers crossed I get some more time to work on it...

Does anyone know if you can set the updates folder in the svcpack.inf file to a network drive that will have all the hotfixes. I want to do this to eliminate creating a new CD everytime new updates come out.

Also is the same thing possible for the $OEM$ Distribution folder. Some of the applications that I want it to install will already be on a network drive and are too big to include on 1 CD.

Thanks

I've install this updates via hotfixes.cmd

Q832894.exe /Q:A /R:N

KB828741.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB835732.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB828035.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB826939.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB823182.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB824141.exe /Q /O /N /Z

814078.EXE /Q:A /R:N or js56nnl.exe /q /r:n

KB833998.EXE /Q /O /N /Z

These updates are "installed" without errors, but when I do a windows updates,

all these update are available again.

How to solve this

other updates are working fine.

Is there a specific order to place the the files in the batch file?

Thanks

Does anyone know if you can set the updates folder in the svcpack.inf file to a network drive that will have all the hotfixes.  I want to do this to eliminate creating a new CD everytime new updates come out.

Also is the same thing possible for the $OEM$ Distribution folder.  Some of the applications that I want it to install will already be on a network drive and are too big to include on 1 CD.

Thanks

Perhaps you could define it overhere?

svcpack.inf

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\i386\Update"

==>

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\\server\hotfixes\"

just give it a try?

talking about placing hotfixes somewhere else, i am unsure if this had been asked before, but would it be possible to use environment variables (like %systemdrive%) within svcpack.inf (or dosnet.inf) in specifying the location of the updates?

i am planning on placing the hotfixes on the hard disk instead of em being accessed from the cd... so as to have a faster install times.

KB828741.exe /Q /O /N /Z 

KB835732.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB828035.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB826939.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB823182.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB824141.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB833998.EXE /Q /O /N /Z

How to solve this

Thanks

i also have these problems, how can we fix this?? How can i install the recommended updates.that winupdate ask me to install? Always with the / / / / metod??

here are the updates that windows ask me to install, i also put a number that is the order of the install, it's correct?

For the order of installation: doesn't matter for the most, for the ones that need a specific order: check the first page of this topic.

You have to rename the hotfixes so they're compatible with 8.3 names! Else it won't work!

KB828741.exe /Q /O /N /Z 

KB835732.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB828035.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB826939.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB823182.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB824141.exe /Q /O /N /Z

KB833998.EXE /Q /O /N /Z

How to solve this

Thanks

is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks

here are the updates that windows ask me to install, i also put a number that is the order of the install, it's correct?

For the order of installation: doesn't matter for the most, for the ones that need a specific order: check the first page of this topic.

You have to rename the hotfixes so they're compatible with 8.3 names! Else it won't work!

tnx and the order of the updates?? i can chose random or i must set all in a specific order??