Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

I got a mayor problem,

Followed your list, but after I installed the "js56" all the other updates generated an error. Windows Service Pack has encountered a problem and needs to close. 0XC0000005

When I got the error and rebooted I got the error File missing or corrupt \windows\system32\config\system So I runned the repair on the cd fixmbr

Started XP again tried to install updates same error rebooted File missing or corrupt \windows\system32\config\system

Killed the whole installation formatted the disk and re-installed XP and same thing all over. After rebooting and repair I tried log off user instead of reboot

Got error One of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy.

After all this hell with XP I think it's the worse operating system I ever saw...

Any help is welcome. I use an original cd and so. NO copy or download. And so far there's no way I can get anything working with XP.

Anyway I hope that someone has an idea...

Thanks,

Johan

redsfotografie, here's my thoughts:

i too encountered problem installing Unattended XP after being compiled and burned onto CDR.

try burn it at lower speed than the max speed of the drive (e.g. 52X drive -> 48X burn). this might help to properly burn the CD.

try not to overclock your system, especially FSB. this will too causes XP to get BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).

both situation i encountered before, but now it's ok :)

cheers!

Thanks,

I still don't understand how it worked one time, untill I connected to the I-net..., and now Ijust can't get it to work. Specialy with those boot errors, getting a corrupt registry after a clean install... ANd no way I can get the hotfixes installed.

I will try to install XP from the original cd without the servicepack and then the servicepack.

I can't say I'm 100% sure, but because win2000 and 98 doesn't give me any problems I don't believe it's my hardware...

Well people I let you know what's going on...

Johan

Well no luck so far....

But if anyone can tell me an easy (please very easy and clear) way to make a new bootable cd to install XP with sp1 and the rollup update including hotfixes.

I been over a few pages and they start with deveral batch files and

"Go to this folder and look for a file called deploy.CAB in the SUPPORT\TOOLS sub-directory. Double-click on the file, which will open an explore window containing a few files. Here you will find a compressed file called setupmgr. Double click on it to extract the Windows setup manager program and save it to any location on your hard drive" But that doesnt run under win98......

So please I now run win98 SE only on my machines and need to make a new cd with the updates....

Thanks!!!

Johan

Well no luck so far....

But if anyone can tell me an easy (please very easy and clear) way to make a new bootable cd to install XP with sp1 and the rollup update including hotfixes.

I been over a few pages and they start with deveral batch files and

"Go to this folder and look for a file called deploy.CAB in the SUPPORT\TOOLS sub-directory. Double-click on the file, which will open an explore window containing a few files. Here you will find a compressed file called setupmgr. Double click on it to extract the Windows setup manager program and save it to any location on your hard drive" But that doesnt run under win98......

So please I now run win98 SE only on my machines and need to make a new cd with the updates....

Thanks!!!

Johan

Try this page ...

http://unattended.msfn.org/ :rolleyes:

this is MSFN's Guide to make Unattended XP CD ... i followed it and finally made my CD ... of course through the 'old' layout, which was hard to navigate =)

thanks for the new page layout!!!! about time eh!! :)

@redsfotografie: Just follow the sections on the unattended website you need.

To create a normal XP cd with hotfixes, follow these pages:

Getting Started (don't need the OEM folders)

Windows Update Hotfixes

Finalizing Your Unattended CD

Your CD won't be an unattended one but at least you'll have the hotfixes.

@AaronXP: You might want to update the hotfixes unattended page to include the MDAC hotfix. It DOES work in SVCPACK.INF if you use the following line (with quotes):

"Q832483.exe /C:""dahotfix.exe /q /n"" /q:a"

Thanks go to GreenMachine for pointing it out to me.

@mdes: Yes, yes it can!! :)

But it's only a recommended update, not a critical one.

Edit: The KB article also states:

Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, Microsoft recommends that you wait for the next release that contains this hotfix.

Well I tried and tried... but still under 98 I can't get it to work.

I made the cd with servicepack 1 (not 1a) so far so good. But now I tried to get the rollup-update slipstreamed by using the -x command

When I try to exe the file windowsxp-kb826939-x86ENU.exe or -x it tells me file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL NT Shutdown System

I try to slipstream the rollup update under win98SE. Because I first need to make the XP cd now I can only run WIN98SE .....

Please tell me ho to do it under win98??? (to slipstream the rollup update in to my XP cd)

Thanks,

JR