Windows 2000 PCI to AGP switching...

hello, i was wondering how i can set my geforce to agp mode, it is currently in pci mode which couses the card not to perform in top condition, does any1 know ho i can switch this card to agp mode?

tnx....

Geforce Card not use PCI and you must have a AGP slot on your Motherborad to change from PCI to AGP

hello, i was wondering how i can set my geforce to agp mode, it is currently in pci mode which couses the card not to perform in top condition, does any1 know ho i can switch this card to agp mode?

tnx....

Geforce Card not use PCI and you must have a AGP slot on your Motherborad to change from PCI to AGP

Lol... :)

Twisted Maniac, I think you should probably download/reinstall the Via Hyperion driver if you have a Via motherboard. If you're having trouble finding an AGP driver for another board, let me know and I can point it out to you. I'm guessing you have a VIA though.

tnx....

Lol... :)

Twisted Maniac, I think you should probably download/reinstall the Via Hyperion driver if you have a Via motherboard. If you're having trouble finding an AGP driver for another board, let me know and I can point it out to you. I'm guessing you have a VIA though.

You lol that me.

:rolleyes:

tnx....

the geforce is in my agp slot, but the card tells me it is in PCI-Modus...and that slows down the performance....

i have an msi mobo...and those are mmostly via boards :)

tnx....

the geforce is in my agp slot, but the card tells me it is in PCI-Modus...and that slows down the performance....

i have an msi mobo...and those are mmostly via boards :)

i see then make sure that the correct drivers are install for everything as this is mostly the cause of this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys.

I have the exact same problem, only with Asus A7n8x mainbord (nforce chipset drivers)

I have geforce4ti4600 and installed newest drivers but it stands its in PCI modus in properties..

If I install the unified driver package (mainbord drivers) my machine just hangs up..

So Im wondering if anyone know how I can just install the agp drivers, I have them on my computer, but dont know how to install them. (Gart drivers)

Hoping you guys can help me!

• 1 month later...

Hi! Perhaps you need to install the AGP Miniport Driver that is released from AMD. I had the same problem: my geforce ran only in pci mode, so I installed this driver and now my gfx works in 4x agp.

win2000 needs a apg-to-cpu driver, with some boards/processors the standard win2k driver wont work, so you need to install the amd driver.

here is the link : http://www.hachre-doc.de.vu/ (in the main-menue --> MISC --> Grafikkarte im AGP-Modus)

I hope i could help you.

Cu,

FiremastaMy Webpageeraser_home@gmx.de