crazy subject or very rare?

Beppe

hello i wanted to kno if anyone every someone on planet on earth has ever experienced something like this? could a plug and play monitor cause delayed start up for windows?

p.s.

i know it sounds crazy... but is it possible?

Maybe, since it's attempting to detect the monitor...

Just use a monitor cable with the extra detection pins cut off. Your monitor will now show as a "Standard Monitor" and there should be no more lagging at the detection.

hello i wanted to kno if anyone every someone on planet on earth has ever experienced something like this? could a plug and play monitor cause delayed start up for windows?

p.s.

i know it sounds crazy... but is it possible?

A monitor could delay windows, or even give lag. It’s like timings are not in line with the screen and video card. This could give a drawback to the VGA card, like a discharge, making the video card not function 100%. It could happen with CRT or TFT screens. My experience was with TFT screens (VGA).

Call me a nut ;), but I’m not joking.

the PC i'm using now just has onboard video [for the time being] and i get an amount of lag from it, my CRT is a lot worse, sometimes not coming on until i move the mouse around...which is very annoying.

DVI is a lot nicer, if i had a DVI moniter i'd be much more into gaming, but a lot of the games i used to play just got slower and slower on my PC...

the verdict: you're not crazy, moniters do have an amount of lag to them

A plug and play monitor will NOT cause a delay in windows start-up UNLESS it was the first time it was plugged in.

hmm im not sure about that,, what about if your trying to use older model monitors from 10 years ago with todays technology..

monitors have progressed alot since back then,, so if its an older model,, id say yes its possible

hmm im not sure about that,, what about if your trying to use older model monitors from 10 years ago with todays technology..

monitors have progressed alot since back then,, so if its an older model,, id say yes its possible

VGA connectors are still VGA connectors. Just like a printer that uses parallel ports today will use the same communications protocols as printers made years ago.