can anyone upload an unattatedt xp cd

get a cdrw :) 24x is truly awesome :rolleyes: use a ghosting app on a boot cd for speed .. i can restore a partition image in 1 minute ... virtual pc is sllooooow but safe

you can image a drive at any point the xp install resets the machine using a boot cd with imaging software on it.. for example just before the [guirunonce] stage.. use a cd with erd commander or winpe on it, make some changes to whatevers in your c:\install\*.cmd then boot to the hdd to test.. restore the image make some changes.. boot to the hdd.. super fast

• 9 months later...

and mazin

No longer old with all these replies and funny before I noticed that I saw he wanted the dir structure.

After fighting VMWare and virtual for 6 month's trying to make it play well I'll waste the CD's at 20 cent's each. CDRW might be worth a shot though.

1. NO more problem's

2. Driver's all install as I intended.

3. Time to drink a beer or three while I wait :)

To these guys who are wasting dozens of CD's: there is such a thing called a CD-RW!

And indeed, prathapml, why replying to such an old post?

hehhehe..... :)

i use a DVD-RW for my unattended xp install since i can't fit all i want on a 700mb cd.

@prathapml

??? 9 months old post???

Now, it's not only prathapml!

But:

prathapml

visaversa

Bâshrat the Sneaky

MCT

mazin

:)

:rolleyes:

You all got together to raise this thread from the dead, I suppose. (LMAO)

Why I replied to this post?

1. Maybe the author of this thread hasn't found the answer yet (very unlikely, I know, but still it doesn't hurt to help).

2. heh heh, spamming around a little bit to do what I call "maximize" post count :D

Ok now, coming back to the topic:

Using a CD-RW is certainly a good idea, but VMware doesn't require all that "fighting with" (as maxXPsoft describes) either - I found it pretty easy to use, and a better option for preliminary testing in most cases. It won't harm your real hardware/OS in any way, and you can always use your real machine once you are sure that your CD will work fine (after testing in VMware).

2. heh heh, spamming around a little bit to do what I call "maximize" post count

Still got a ways to go to match me :)

So much way off topic posting.....but atleast you can see friendships (or something like that) :rolleyes: