some programs wont recognise administrator rights?

tolmek

I have come accross some programs, such as fport from foundstone.com

and regmon from sysinternals.com, that dont run because they think i havn't got administrator privalages. the only thing i'm a member of is 'administrators' I've tried loging on as 'administrator' which also doesn't help, i've even tried adding all account types to my user.. nothing works..

i've also tried enabling allow non administrators to run this app in the copatibility tab, and trying out the various other options there.

fport has run on every other MS OS I've tried it on, and regmon states it works on " .NET Server 2003 (RC2 and higher)"

anyone got any ideas?

I have come accross some programs, such as fport from foundstone.com

and regmon from sysinternals.com, that dont run because they think i havn't got administrator privalages. the only thing i'm a member of is 'administrators'  I've tried loging on as 'administrator' which also doesn't help, i've even tried adding all account types to my user.. nothing works..

i've also tried enabling allow non administrators to run this app in the copatibility tab, and trying out the various other options there.

fport has run on every other MS OS I've tried it on, and regmon states it works on " .NET Server 2003 (RC2 and higher)"

anyone got any ideas?

Guys, I have tried both of the programs you have mentioned and have not had any of the problems that you have decribed, could you please give a screenshot of the error please or the text of the error.

Sunil

exact error text to the letter :

"FPort v2.0 - TCP/IP Process to Port Mapper

Copyright 2000 by Foundstone, Inc.

http://www.foundstone.com

You must have administrator privileges to run fport - exiting..."

"Error loading REGMON : : Access is denied.

Make sure that you are an administrator, that Regmon is not allready running, and that Regmon is located on a local hard drive."

it definately isn't allready running, and it's on the same drive as the OS install.

I do wish people would actually read posts properly, I *do* have admin rights , and I *have* tried this logging on as the user 'Administrator'

I have a similar problem I want to run programs with admin rights without having to enter in the password everytime or using run as.

your problem is different mate, my problems is these programs wont run at all under any circumstances i've tried, all you need i think is this

"In addition to the built-in Run as feature, the runas command provides the same capabilities. For more information about the runas command, see runas . You can also create a custom shortcut using the runas command. For more information about creating shortcuts, see To create a shortcut using the runas command."

• 7 months later...