Project Suspended Until Further Notice

war59312

Hi,

Unfortunately this project is on hold until Gurgelmeyer returns. His last post () was over a month ago, on "Jul 19 2006, 11:22 AM EST" .

So I think now is a good time to make it official!

I will continue to host all of the files, but I can not provide support! Sorry!

My hope is that Gurgelmeyer returns soon and that the MSFN admins leave everything as is for a bit.

Please. Thank You!

Sorry for the bad news,

Will

Edited by war59312

Hi,

Unfortunately this project is on hold until Gurgelmeyer returns. His last post was over a month ago, on "Jul 19 2006, 10:22 AM" .

I will continue to host all of the files, but I can not provide support! Sorry!

My hope is that Gurgelmeyer returns soon and that the MSFN admins leave everything as is for a bit.

Please. Thank You!

Sorry for the bad news,

Will

I could help until he returns. What about the the DHS said about needing to apply the newer updates because now the kernal may have vunerabilities. I could make a more updated SP until he returns, or help him.

I don't think It should be official yet.

Hyipo is already working on a update to USP5. USP5 made by gurgemeyer, and now updated, and more secured by Hyipo.

Our technical little team, or me has been working on a SP5.1.2195.99 for more updated till September.

I will even try to accomplish what gergemeyer never did. Insert WM9, and MDAC 2.8 SP1 with hotfixes into USP5.

I will acieve great security, and I will not let this project close. Never. I will not let our dreams be shattered.

We can even all work as a developement team to make this project reach the stars.

I'm with you Hyipo. I can't see this project fail. Heck if a government organization is warning about security flaws maybe we should take care of Hyipo's SP5 problem more seriously. Besides the huge vunerability now is in the kernel. We can't disable the kernel so now we need to seal the vunerabilities in SP5. We need a team not one person that hasn't been on in a while.

Edited by SammyDawn

none of the hotfixes cant be installed afterwards. and this service pack mostly helps with fresh installs or complete ofline updates.

if we want to coninue this whe SHOULD leave the sp5 in its place as SP5 and atempt to ONLY build aditions to ... like a normal comulative hotfix (this is a simpler and b takes less space to reside ...

if realy want this, lets call it a post sp5 rollup package (like ms would have called it......

none of the hotfixes cant be installed afterwards. and this service pack mostly helps with fresh installs or complete ofline updates.

if we want to coninue this whe SHOULD leave the sp5 in its place as SP5 and atempt to ONLY build aditions to ... like a normal comulative hotfix (this is a simpler and b takes less space to reside ...

if realy want this, lets call it a post sp5 rollup package (like ms would have called it......

Good point. I agree with what you say about creating a post SP5 install.If gurgemeyer does come back he could add the posts to SP5.

So I agree. Who else agrees.

I too hope for the best, so please don't get me wrong...

I feel that we should leave this as is...

Hyipo perhaps it would be best to start your own separate project? It's not that I doubt your work, but if you continue where gurgemeyer left off and still use the same name, in my opinion, that will cause even more confusion. So I for one, think it would be best to seperate all together and start a new project. But again, that is just my opinion on the matter...

And yes I like the idea of creating an addon. I think that too would be the best way to go about it, but again as a seperate project all together.

Edited by war59312

the more reason why this should be a post sp5 addon would be becasue SP5 is more complicated than any ordinairy project as it is, - it fixes quite some bugs in ways that have taken a lot of work from GurgleMeyer,

its not only that things would confuse but also that contiuning on someone else's work is realy hard - because of 2 mind having 2 diferent kinds of logic...

thats why i vote for a post sp5 roll-up package. - its just a new stand-alone installer, that people can use after a SP5 slipstream.

and to be completely honnest,

i dont even see the point in making it a Service pack - (way to complicated)

so i say, make it a single cumulative hotfix.exe the MS. way or even the 7z utra compression way....

for those who'd want to *slipstream it, somthing as easy as RunonceEx to start it would be good enought. (no it wouldn't be lots slower, as long as its cumulative and based on as little install script as possible...)

*** comulative in this means that it should not contain 2 versions of the same file, and not even 2 instances of the version...

• 4 weeks later...

There's no necessity to add to the SP5. A rollup pack that can be slipstreamed as a hotfix by nLite would quite sufficient. The great value of SP5 is in using it to make a slipstreamed install disk that will result in an install that requires very little updating. Since most of us use nlite already to do this, any additional pack should simply be in a form that can be handled by nlite. The end result -- the install -- will be the same and that's all that matters.

Gurgelmeyer, wherever you are, your work has benefitted many people. We thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had no choice, but to remove all downloads. Someone thought it would be fun to DOS attack my host, Dream Host. Thanks!

Every time I would bring it back on-line this person(s) would start up again which would kill the server. This has been happening for weeks and we where trying to figure it out but at last we had no choice. Sorry!

To make matters worst all files where lost. My back hard disk failed. Everything was lost. :(

Update: It's a miracle, GRC's SpinRite 6.0 is working its magic. Might be able to save some stuff after all. Will let you know later today, hopefully. :D

Success, all files where 100% recovered. :D

Edited by war59312