Windows Vista actual releases

winxpi

5536 CAN be installed cleanly. It will ONLY upgrade from XP SP2 and 5384 (No other vista builds - which is why I had to clean install it).

BTW: I got this build from Connect and not MSDN.

5384 was the CPP'd Beta 2, right? Because of my problems with VMWare, I am thinking of installing 5384 or XP first on VMWare and upgrading. Bad idea, though, probably.

(laptop) I've split my drive in half and have xp sp2 mce on one side & 5536 on the other, both boot fine.

This is actually the 1st version of vista I have installed.

I've downloaded lots of builds, just never got around to installing it.

I want to stick this on my media centre computer (tv) it looks pretty good. I just don't know how the digital tuners are going to go...

This may not be the best place to ask, but I figure i might as well ask it here for fear of making another thread...

Seeming as how they said there was a huge issue with the x64 edition of Vista Pre-RC1, does this mean we're not going to see a 64-bit version of Vista RC1, or does this just mean that there will be no 64-bit Pre-RC1 Vista and that later on they WILL release a public RC1 x64 Edition Vista?

I only ask because me being the way I am I'm trying to live in a 64-bit environment, right down to the fact that I USED to use a copy of XP x64 Edition, so yeah.... I currently installed Vista 64 on my machine and I can't upgrade, need to know if I should just do a clean install of Vista 32 Pre-RC1 and upgrade to RC1 when it comes out....

As fun as Betas are, they can be a bit tricky to manage, especially when you're trying to keep track of two different beasts...

Seeming as how they said there was a huge issue with the x64 edition of Vista Pre-RC1, does this mean we're not going to see a 64-bit version of Vista RC1, or does this just mean that there will be no 64-bit Pre-RC1 Vista and that later on they WILL release a public RC1 x64 Edition Vista?

There should be a 64-bit vista RC1 but i couldn't say for sure, i would expect them to release one but till the release date that is up for question

im only able to do an install over XP home edition. what files should i add or get to make it so that i can do a clean install nothing else?

also, if i were to upgrade from 5384 to 5536, would i loose anything?

upgrading 5384 to 5536 everything you have will be intact, i am not sure i understand your first question

I was one of the lucky 100k that got the 'public' release. Tried to upgrade my 5384 build, install didn't like that option, so I did a clean install. (it DID like my 5384 key, however)

30 min.s later, Voila'! A functioning 32bit Vista OS! changed the power options, (why is it that Vista seems to think everyone must be using a laptop?) changed the UAC options, got TMAV installed, and went to look at device manager for 'yellow exclamations'. Only 2, both where the sound card should be. Installed the Aug 10 creative drivers... No fuss, no muss, one reboot and no 'yellow exclamations' left. Even the creative app works... changed my speakers to 5.1.

imported my favourites and cookies, and so far so good. AND my perf. is now 4.1!

Much closer to a releasable version. (now if it could only do SLI...)

Now off to 3dmark testing....

I rad somewhere yesterday that they had fuond too many problems with 64 bi tot make it worthile t release at this time. Unfortunately I can't recall what site it was. It was pretty Iroonic how I got a copy of pre PC1. I was just brwosing around Tweaktowns site and bam I scrolled right into this bi mention about the downnlead being availble. I was under the impression they had resleasesd it like 2 weks ago. The I almost deleted it today by accident, went to download another, and of course it's finished. Luckily I found my original.

I'm running 5384 still, I have a lot of things to do before I use RCq. I'm only planning on using it in VPC, I ge tthe feeling everytime I start up my PC that my current build install is evaporateing off my HD. lol. I'm interested to know what people who have used both versionn think about them. What's improved, worse etc.Although I think it will be a while before I get around to installing RC1

yup good to hear

X86

CRC: 0xB3519FCA

SHA: 0xE00B4EBBC81FB420CF047973B95A9CFB7CDF51B7

vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x86fre_client-LR1CFRE_EN_DVD.iso

X64

CRC: 0x59C867D0

SHA: 0x8E4DE7A72C828A3543FF1663243EB0836DA07EEA

vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x64fre_client-LR1CxFRE_EN_DVD.iso

i guess this weekend is a rebuilding weekend

• 2 weeks later...

I got an e-mail with the subject

"Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 is Now Available"

cool now I got vista rc1 .

And AFAIK Vista RC1 is available in

english

german

japan

I did get the download via newsletter and think you have to go to

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=5440445 and sign up the newsletter for becoming vista.

Edited by winxpi

RC1 IS build 5600.

Has anyone else heard reports about a build 5717? That makes it part of the RTM branch, but the build date for it is 30th Aug. I personally think its a fake, but does anyone have anymore info on this?

vista_5717.0.060831-1830_x64fre_client-LR1CxFRE_EN_DVD.iso, 3 629,54 MB

vista_5717.0.060831-1830_x86fre_client-LR1CFRE_EN_DVD.iso, 2 617,19 MB

wsl_5717.0.060831-1830_x64fre_server-LR1SxFRE_EN_DVD.iso, 2 348,01 MB

wsl_5717.0.060831-1830_x86fre_server-LR1SFRE_EN_DVD.iso, 1 696,43 MB

I don't thinks it a fake, it's just one of the earliest build from the final branch.