WPI 5.4 wishlist

Hello

Here's my wishes list !

- Automated integration in a unattend CD

=> You launch WPI, and it scan the source folder to integrate itself into

- When you choose a software (during configuration), if the software is not present => Propose a link to download it (just for the most useful like acrobat etc)

what else ? nothing at this time, this software is also quite good !

++

1. Automated integration in a unattend CD.

2. Software DB for Unattended Keys.

3. add interface like: [ADD Prog] ->[Open Prog] unattended keys schoud be added automatic from DB.

4. Bâshrat driverpacks auto integration.

5. Build ISO.

6. Directory for M$ Patches with update script. They schoud whithout user interaction installed.

Sorry für my engl...

Edited by CrownRU

another dependecy class in checkboxes: when you check a box another box will be checked automatically.

For example: if you check msn live plus, msn live will be checked too

thats already possible, check for "deps[pn]=" (without the "")

3. add interface like: [ADD Prog] ->[Open Prog] unattended keys schoud be added automatic from DB.

5. Build ISO.

6. Directory for M$ Patches with update script. They schoud whithout user interaction installed.

Sorry für my engl...

Most of this can be done with nLite. Now perhaps creating a WPI plugin for nLite would be nice. There really isn't much to the WPI integration. I don't know what all is involved in writing plugins for nLite, but I don't think it would be too difficult. I think I might look into this.

5. Build ISO.

Sorry für my engl...

Most of this can be done with nLite. Now perhaps creating a WPI plugin for nLite would be nice. There really isn't much to the WPI integration. I don't know what all is involved in writing plugins for nLite, but I don't think it would be too difficult. I think I might look into this.

Sorry, but hier is <WPI 5.4 wishlist> forum, not <how can you with nLite WPI make better> ;)

Sorry, but hier is <WPI 5.4 wishlist> forum, not <how can you with nLite WPI make better> ;)

I know what forum this is. I'm saying that this could be implemented using nLite as a tool integrated into a program like you described. Just saying that a lot of the work is already done. :)

I like the idea to download the programs from the Internet, but it would need to be able to adapt to different versions of the program if the file name changes.

I think a Universal Silent Switch Finder button would be awesome.

Also a easier way to add dependencies, for instance it could show a screen of the current installs and allow you to simply select which ones are required.

A function that would read the meta data off of an installer to fill in the version number and program name would make things much quicker too.

Edited by jim0615

another dependecy class in checkboxes: when you check a box another box will be checked automatically.

For example: if you check msn live plus, msn live will be checked too

thats already possible, check for "deps[pn]=" (without the "")

:no: nop.. that "deps[pn]=" enable a checkbox when another is checked... I want a checkbox would be checked (not enabled) when another is checked