A64 FX-62 versus Core 2 Extreme, both OCed

Camarade_Tux

- So, what do we put against the Sempron64?

- What about server processors?

- And what about 64bit apps?

Still all these thing are unclear to me :blink:.

We know that the 6xxx series from iNTEL perform well but it’s for mainstream computers...

- So, what do we put against the Sempron64?

[....]

We know that the 6xxx series from iNTEL perform well but it’s for mainstream computers...

Core 2 Duo are not so expensive : E6300 is etwa 185€. (I don't know why I use German words... :ph34r: )

E6300 is more powerful than the best A64 FX and much less expensive.

For the same price, you get A64 (X2 or not) 4000+ which is getting mainstream if not already.

I think there's nothing against Sempron64. And I don't think it was Intel's goal...

Edited by Camarade_Tux

well, it wasnt really a fair trial for those 2 cpus. Of course teh intel would take the cake because its overclocked 600mhz faster than the OCed fx-62. To AMD, the fx-62 wont be their flagship anymore when they come out with better fx series. Its just the beginning for AMD's new AM2, you might not know what else they would have

well, it wasnt really a fair trial for those 2 cpus. Of course teh intel would take the cake because its overclocked 600mhz faster than the OCed fx-62. To AMD, the fx-62 wont be their flagship anymore when they come out with better fx series. Its just the beginning for AMD's new AM2, you might not know what else they would have

Did you forget to see that the 2.4GHz E6600 still beat out the 3.0GHz FX-62 in several tests? Where's the 600MHz there?

Clock speed doesn't mean anything when you're comparing different chips. The whole AMD naming convention should have made that apparent...

Oh... and AM2 was a whole lot of hype... but not much else. The benchmarks so far are definately not as spectacular as Conroe has been and is.

Isn't Core 2 EE still 32-bit?

What will you do when your new game needs more than 2 GB to run?

Also 64-bit apps are typically 30% more efficient than 32-bit versions.

Edited by azagahl