Windows 98 + ME *still* alive campaign + logos

I tried to change that to 9x but my profile won't change if I don't enter a birthdate...

I noticed that. So much for "this section is optional". Hardcore Windows 98(9X) Fan or User would also be a good banner caption.

What did you use to fade the background colors so evenly? When I tried editing logo.sys that way, it looked awful. Only thing that made it presentable at all was that most of my bad blending got covered by text and was hard to spot with the size reduced.

Rick

To illustrate my point:

I can already see everyone laughing: "Hah, he has a 9x user bar, but uses Vista graphics for it! What a contradiction, hahaha! I bet he secretly wants to be running Vista.".

The point I'm trying to make is that you CAN make Windows 98 look like that because the picture I used for that bar is a screenshot from my Windows 98 running Thihiy's Lameskin. I thought people would like to know that Windows98 is capable of looking colorful and glassy like Vista

:angry:

P.s. Had you taken a look at my Signature and saw my PC specs you would know there would be no way to run a vista on my PC!!!

;)

Here is another GFX, Avatar 98x100

win98fanavatar.jpg

Edited by FoxHound

Ok people. I got a message from a mod: the size limit for images in signature is 300 pixels wide.

So you can use the normal userbars everywhere else on the net but not here. :rolleyes:

But don't worry! I made special versions you can use on MSFN !

Enjoy! :D

Win95/98 style :

-english

stillwin9598msfnsq1.png

-french

toujourswin9598msfnya7.png

-italian

semprewin9598msfnic2.png

-german

immerwin9598msfneb5.png

Win98/Me style :

-english

stillwin9xmsfnbt0.png

-french

toujourswin9xmsfnij5.png

-italian

semprewin9xmsfnbh6.png

-german

immerwin9xmsfnfc6.png

Updated 20/05/07: added german version !

reuploaded the 1st broken German bar here:

c46309a93.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey, that's pretty neat! I do have to wonder what the problem is with their machines, though. As old as Windows 95 may be, it's not as problematic as popular opinion would make you think.

LOL: The system was running 13 years with major problem (otherwise they would have changed for something newer).

Maybe someone send them a link to our furom so that they can a solution to their problem, and a nifty 95 service pack. :rolleyes:

Now about this original thread's title....

I've been out and about on a few other forums lately spreading and on one had some feedback which all more or less said the same thing. Thought this one might be of interest to the folks here:

"I very much prefer to use Win98SE over XP. I have both, but my 98SE systems tend to perform a lot smoother and faster."

(If you want to read it in the original please PM me for link. ,,Tut tut doubting my word :blink:)

So let's here it for win98SE :thumbup